243 @ 1800 yards

NotHisRealNameNotHisRealName MemberPosts: 57 Member
I just thought I'd share this video, and point you to the channel in general.

This is a couple from Western Australia that have a bit of land to play with - and they seem to be using it wisely.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Pretty cool. Bit too long to keep us Yanks interest up, I FFed it, 5 minutes would be long enough, but I know the Brits/Aussies are er....................Long Winded :tooth::roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    What's "in the next zip code" in Australian?
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • NotHisRealNameNotHisRealName Member Posts: 57 Member
    We use 'Post Code', in stead of Zip Code.

I think part of the reasoning for their long videos is for credibility. Outside of the fact that they've multiple videos of long range shooting (so it's not just a one-off vid), the effort they've gone to to produce the video is testament to their credibility. It silences the naysayers because, who would go to all that effort to fake hitting a steel target at 1000 yards on the first shot, after a 100 yard sight in, then walk their shots out to 1800 yards?
    Not saying that's the case... just my thoughts on it.
    We all know how some internet folk can get, when it comes to boasting one's abilities.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I can make a long boring ass fake video, just as well as I can make a short fake video.
    Anyway, They lost me at the 3rd shot on steel. But I will admit to having the attention span of a crack baby.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    Nice, but can he pull the trigger with his big toe and still hit the target?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »

If he is an operator, no doubt.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,375 Senior Member
    Seemed like the bullets were getting there a tad too soon, but I broke my stopwatch.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    If he is an operator, no doubt.

A cruel, low blow.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    HA!:usa:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

There used to be a feller on here who could do that, A Carney or Gypsy or something like that........................I heard he went off to join the French Foreign Legion and we ain't heard from him since.............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    There used to be a feller on here who could do that, A Carney or Gypsy or something like that........................

He was zoperator.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,616 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    A cruel, low blow.

Why you gotta make short jokes? Huh? Short folk are people too!!

;-)
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Trying to get the cameras all together correctly would be difficult, I think.
    Don't doubt they did it. The 243 is capable, especially in nice conditions to do that with a fast twist barrel.
    Surprised by the bullet choice (expected a 105 Hybrid), and would have preferred a lower to the ground set-up if vegetation didn't hinder.
    I have shot to these distances on smaller targets in both the 6-284 and 6.5-284 XP-100. One a center grip and the other a rear-grip.
    Definitely more horsey than a 243 Win, rear-grip 7mm Dakota (180 Hybrids @ 2018 yards). I was just the spotter.
    Aaron20181_zps41188106.jpg
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    Seemed like the bullets were getting there a tad too soon, but I broke my stopwatch.
    What you said Dan. PDQ
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,616 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    There used to be a feller on here who could do that, A Carney or Gypsy or something like that........................I heard he went off to join the French Foreign Legion and we ain't heard from him since.............

Screw that guy! I think we need an updated video of that foot...........I mean feet..........no.......feat.

"Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today."
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Woohoo!
    Zee wrote: »
    Screw that guy! I think we need an updated video of that foot...........I mean feet..........no.......feat.

"Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today."
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Should take around 3.5 seconds to get to target at 1800 yards
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    That is me:jester:
    We all know how some internet folk can get, when it comes to boasting one's abilities.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,375 Senior Member
    Should take around 3.5 seconds to get to target at 1800 yards

Seems like it was less than, or right at one second.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain