Home Main Category Hunting

night vision

41 cal41 cal MemberPosts: 97 Member
Trying to help a friend with serious coyote problem. Does anyone have knowledge with night vision scopes? I can't afford anything over gen1+ but looking over a few, there seems to be better resolution now than the old starlights I'm used to.
I was always taught to respect my elders, but its getting harder to find one ...

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,409 Senior Member
    I have one of the new ATN X-Sights. Inexpensive, lots of features, but I have not been able to really test it out yet.

It's digital NV, so it's not the same as NV that you are used to. Plus, it was sub $500. I'll post a review when I get a chance to actually get out in the dark
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Put a red lens on a strong spot light and when you see the eyes glow green POP! If they are like rats they can't see the red light. This is redneck night vision. We used a brake lens off a school bus and a Q-Beam. Shooters 150 Rats 0. Great fun until the landfill was surrounded by Yuppie Larva in their built on a slab hovels. Progress? More rats I doubt it. :up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Is night vision legal for varmint removal in your neck of the woods? Just asking, I would hate to see you get picked up by the Possum Cops.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • 41 cal41 cal Member Posts: 97 Member
    If I had found an atn x for under 500 I probably would of bought one even though I don't think they have all the bugs worked out. I will have to check about the legality as I had thought for coyotes it was ok, pretty sure silencers/ noise suppressors are good if one has all paperwork. I will give FWC a call tomorrow and find out details, thanks for the reminder.
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but its getting harder to find one ...
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    :up:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY