124»

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,941 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    That is about the coolest rifle ever built - beautiful. :yousuck:
    Shiloh does make a beautiful rifle......:drool:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Ranch13Ranch13 Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    Okydoky will get a box of goodies put together. You got brass?
    Ranch13 wrote: »
    Okydoky will get a box of goodies put together. You got brass?
    About 50 pieces.....
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Now, that is one impressive rifle. Really like that case hardening. :yousuck:
    Elk creek wrote: »
    About 50 pieces.....
    Got to digging in the cave I have 100 cases.....so good for the time being on those. Thank you!
    Good deal. I will package up a selection of bullets, and bring you a can of proper powder..
    Ranch13 wrote: »
    Good deal. I will package up a selection of bullets, and bring you a can of proper powder..
    Thank you for the generous gift!!!! I'm sure i will get a cleaning lesson too. I've been reading a bit on paper patch bullets......they look like fun to prep and shoot.
    Cleaning the rifle is extremely simple. Blow 4 deep breaths down the muzzle and same up the chamber, push a dry patch thru on a jag, followed by another, then a damp one ( plain water works, but folks add other junk to it to make themselves feel better) another damp one and then a couple of dries, repeat if necessary, look at the last dry for signs of lead, if there are some perform your favored lead mining technigue , oil the bore , wipe the crown down with oil.
    Put the demprimed cases in a coffee can with a scoop of oxyclean cover with water shake em around, drain and rinse, then you can either dump them in an ultrasonic cleaner, or let them dry and run them thru the tumbler...
    Not near the fuss some of the folks on the internet would have you believe.
    Hmmmm. Sounds like the buffalo hunters had a heck of a time cleaning their guns:tooth:
    There are some accounts of them capturing and recycling buffalo bladder contents for cleaning fluid...
    And the testimony to their cleaning abilities are origional rifles around with good bores.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    You bet!
    Thanks, Brother!

maybe Ile start a Wild West show. Buffy can ride .....well whatever he wants.

Goats in a wild west show? That should be interesting!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    And the testimony to their cleaning abilities are origional rifles around with good bores.

This question has nothing to do with cleaning, but you say you're going to use black powder. But if you wanted to, what is the power level that rifle is capable of? Being as it's really a modern rifle metallurgically wise, would it handle some of the full house modern loads like for a Ruger No. 1 or a Marlin Guide Gun?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Yes the steel s so much better,but the design of the action, lock, and stock aren't meant for that level of loads. I'm sure it's been done but why. I can still launch a 500 g&r bullet 1200 fps what more do I need!