Home Main Category General Firearms

I bought an M&P 9mm today

RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior MemberPosts: 4,646 Senior Member
Actually the slide says M&P9c I'm posting from my phone but I'll try to fire up my wife's laptop for pics later.
but what I need is holster recomendations. Preferably IWB and cross draw. But cross draw is the biggest thing.
Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,780 Senior Member
    I think LMLarsen is the resident all things M&P9 dude on the forum. He'll likely have suggestions for you.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,941 Senior Member
    Those are cool pistols. Congrats!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Nice.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    I hope it works for you, not what I'd want; but, then the XDm 9 isn't perfect for me either; however, fills a need.

If you bring it, I'd like to shoot it
    I'll put a box of match 9mm in the can for the shoot.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    I like mine. I just wish I could find a OWB holster for it and a double mag pouch.
    Actually the slide says M&P9c I'm posting from my phone but I'll try to fire up my wife's laptop for pics later.
    but what I need is holster recommendations. Preferably IWB and cross draw. But cross draw is the biggest thing.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    I think LMLarsen is the resident all things M&P9 dude on the forum. He'll likely have suggestions for you.

Aw, yer making me blush. Nice score, razorbacker. For the iwb, I really like the Comp-Tac Infidel. Very comfortable for me and reasonably priced, www.comp-tac.com. I've also heard good things about Crossbreed.

Don't know much about cross draw rigs. (Great, now that old song is stuck in my head...)
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    sherwood wrote: »
    I like mine. I just wish I could find a OWB holster for it and a double mag pouch.

Really, they don't pay me, but look at the Comp-Tac Minotaur.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Thanks for the input fellers. I'll look up that holster place mr. Larsen. Are these 12 round mags supposed to be so hard to load? Geez those springs are strong.
    Ned, I'll bring it and you can shoot it all you want but you have to load your own mags, lol.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,884 Senior Member
    Excellent choice. The M&P series is my go to. I am fond of RDR Custom Kydex for holsters.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Thanks for the input fellers. I'll look up that holster place mr. Larsen. Are these 12 round mags supposed to be so hard to load? Geez those springs are strong.
    Ned, I'll bring it and you can shoot it all you want but you have to load your own mags, lol.

Happy to help. There's a little device called an UPLULA that helps a lot for loading stubborn magazines; you can get one from your LGS, or places like Midway and Brownells.

NRA Endowment Member
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,697 Senior Member
    I would also take a look at Alien Gear holsters. I gave them a try last year and find their IWB very comfortable for my SW Shield.

http://aliengearholsters.com/
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    Get 12 in and let it sit, otherwise load 10 and let it be good.

Sometimes it is like that
    magnum research mags were like that at first.
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    sherwood wrote: »

...BladeTech's got some nice options...

http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    But cross draw is the biggest thing.

A bit slow on the reply, sorry.....

Lobo Gun Leather makes a really nice crossdraw holster. I don't do leather holsters, but I've examined one of these and it seemed to be a very high quality bit of kit.

http://www.lobogunleather.com/4_1-sl_pancake_snap-loop
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I like that stuff a lot! Thanks Eli.

See ya at the shoot I hope