Home Main Category General Firearms

Range day with cousins

LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior MemberPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
Spent the day at my cousin's place out in the County south of town; he's got a nice little range set up in his ten acre back yard, with backstops at 25, 50, 100 and 150 yards. I took my parts built 10/22 (TacSol barrel, Butler Creek stock, Volquartsen sear, old Burris 4x scope), my AR15 SPR, and a few handguns (including my Beretta 90-Two). We had a great time getting the rifles sighted in, although I was reminded that the Millett DMS-1 scope on my SPR has pretty short eye relief. Might have to think about that. My cousin's boy is going to Parris Island this summer and fell in love with the Beretta, so he's keeping that one for awhile.

The best part was when one of them would go after a target on the 25yd lane and miss it with all shots, and I pulled my custom CCO (yes, Wambli, THAT one!) and bullseyed their target with one shot. Twice, different times! Yeeah, fluke, I'm not that good. The pistol is.

But we had a lot of fun, grilled some processed meats for lunch, and enjoyed some good cigars.
“A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,210 Senior Member
    sounds like a good day :up: :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,780 Senior Member
    Good day for the range.

Fine for no pic, though.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,697 Senior Member
    Sounds like a great day. Sounds like your a better shot than you give yourself credit for.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Quality family time!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,600 Senior Member
    Fun!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Good day for the range.

Fine for no pic, though.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,780 Senior Member
    Fine reimbursed.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Thank you. Let's shake hands.

NRA Endowment Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,600 Senior Member
    Ewwwwwwwwww! :vomit: At least it wasn't on the bang switch! :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, families that go shootin together, stay together :guns::guns:

Sounds like a good time was had by all.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Yep, April 12 is the opening date. One big change: no more holstered carry, gun must be kept in bag until it's your turn.

NRA Endowment Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Hey when I fell in love with the CCO, I DON'T remember any offers to "keep it for a while" :cuss:

Well, you weren't a skinny kid about to get screamed at repeatedly by a psychotic DI about how he handles his sidearm! Tell you what: you get accepted into MARSOC and I'll let you borrow it for a month. And I'll want to see the orders. The originals.

Deal? :beer:

NRA Endowment Member
    I've tried, but each time I ask, he ambles off mumbling something about checking the roast in the oven...

NRA Endowment Member