Home Main Category General Firearms

I've Wanted A 10mm Carbine For So Long....

gandog56gandog56 New MemberPosts: 29 New Member
But nothing available was affordable. So....since I had a 10mm 1911 type pistol already, I decided to got with a Mechtech CCU.

MechTech_zpsjrxvavah.jpg

Took it to the range, man this thing is a hoot! Went through magazine after magazine with not one single failure to feed/fire. My only complaint is that the bolt does not lock back on the last round fired. If I wasn't seriously counting the shots I was pulling the trigger on an empty mag a lot. Of course, dummy me I take this to the range and forget to bring a screwdriver to adjust the scope. So I improvised enough to at least get the elevation about right. I'll remember next time and get the windage adjusted, then fine tun it. Here was my sighting in target set about 25 yards downrange.
Some people think I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Purists vs. Non-purists

And go.

:popcorn:
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Wow, that's different looking fer sure. Good shootin.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,628 Senior Member
    I still want one of those. Good score!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 381 Member
    Is that the Hi Point 911 carbine?

Just kidding. Glad you made a plan come together, glad it's working for you. pistol caliber carbines are so much fun. And pistol caliber Carbines in a cartridge that can humanely take deer might be just the ticket for a bug out bag....... Especially if they break down and re-assemble easily.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Now that the ATF has that pistol to rifle and back thing worked out these should be getting more popular. Not many options for the 10mm but these are neat. One of my future builds will be a Mac 10 carbine in 460 Rowland. I have been knocking around getting a 1911 jig and some 80%ers to play with.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,210 Senior Member
    Looks good :up: I've considered one for my 10mm.
    Since you didn't actually but a new gun, I guess you're spared from a :yousuck: :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    :that::agree::yousuck:
  • gandog56gandog56 New Member Posts: 29 New Member
    NN wrote: »
    :that::agree::yousuck:

I suck because I got one, or that I wanted one?
    Some people think I'm paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have lots of guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I've got the .45 ACP version; had it around 15 years more or less. They are fun to shoot!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams