Hey Sixgun, is this you????

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,702 Senior Member
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,898 Senior Member
    Yep, that's him.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    Luis!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,726 Senior Member
    Shooting a pheasant with a bow, awesome shot. Killing it by throwing your bow at it, PRICELESS..:silly:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,459 Senior Member
    Throwing the bow is much better than his usual tactic............ wile_e_coyote_in_trap_1_by_bjnix248-d41yqzb.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »

If it isn't you Luis, it should be! Masterful Job there.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    No comment :tooth:
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    No comment :tooth:

Many of you know that I'm not a bow hunter, in fact my usual response is that that's the reason the Indians gave them up when the discovered the Winchester. But a couple of things have garnered my interest. One is shooting a Turkey with a bow, and another is shooting a Goose with one. I actually asked about goose hunting with a bow, but the game warden I talked with said it was illegal on migratory species governed by the feds. That's a shame, it would be so cool to shoot geese coming into decoys with a bow. And turkey are no brainers. They do that already and if I kill another turkey I want to do it with a bow, especially now that I know that if he hits the ground and tries to escape I can throw the bow at him.

:tooth:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I am really surprised he told you that. In Nebraska, you could shoot ducks and geese with a bow all day long.
    I am really surprised he told you that. I mn Nevraska, you could shoot ducks and geese with a bow all day long.

Really? I figured federal migratory birds are the same laws in all states or they are governed by the Fed and may have slight differences from state to state. Then again the white geese are really overpopulated not the dark geese, so is it only white geese you can shoot with a bow in Nebraska? Or can you shoot dark geese with a bow also? I know that after regular season is over and it's snows and blues only you can remove the plug from your magazine. So maybe this is the reason? I have no clue, I'm just asking (Too lazy to search it right now.)
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,668 Senior Member
    Here's the Alabama "Legal Arms & Ammunition" for "Migratory birds"
    MIGRATORY BIRDS

Shotguns, 10 gauge or smaller, plugged with a one piece filler incapable of removal without disassembling the gun or otherwise incapable of holding more than 3 shells using shot compositions and shot sizes that are approved by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Waterfowl hunters shall not possess any size lead shot.
    Long bows, compound bows, or crossbows.
    from http://www.eregulations.com/alabama/legal-arms-ammunition-for-hunting/
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

snake -

Like you, I would think all states would have very similar laws for migratory birds. However, Nebraska definitely states that archery equipment and shotguns 10 GA or smaller may be used for waterfowl. I gotta think that means any species thereof.

http://outdoornebraska.uberflip.com/i/377638-waterfowl-guide-2014/4?
    (Toward the bottom of the page I linked)
    snake -

Like you, I would think all states would have very similar laws for migratory birds. However, Nebraska definitely states that archery equipment and shotguns 10 GA or smaller may be used for waterfowl. I gotta think that means any species thereof.

http://outdoornebraska.uberflip.com/i/377638-waterfowl-guide-2014/4?
    (Toward the bottom of the page I linked)

I love it! But I don't want to go to Nebraska to goose hunt. Well I do want to, but probably can't afford to, LOL!!! But I'm going to get to the bottom of this and call TPWD in Austin and get the straight Skinny on it, as it applies to Texas. I would sell a gun to buy a bow to be able to do that.

But throwing the bow at the goose? I don't know bout that....My luck it would stick on his neck and he'd fly off with my Bow!!!

"imoit:..........:popcorn:..........:buff2:..........:fiddle:..........:rotflmao:
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I would sell my 270 to buy a bow to be able to do that.

But throwing the bow at the goose? I don't know bout that....My luck it would stick on his neck and he'd fly off with my Bow!!!

"imoit:..........:popcorn:..........:buff2:..........:fiddle:..........:rotflmao:

FIFY................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    FIFY................

I said I'd sell a GUN but probably not that gun. It's been with me since 1966 and it's not leaving me. But to be honest, I've got a son in law that would loan me a bow for the occasion. I just think if you get proficient with a bow you could reach out and touch some geese. 60 yard shots would be a piece of cake if you could hit 'em.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    This video needs editing. It needs to be speeded up just a tad and have the Benny Hill soundtrack added.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,552 Senior Member
    This video is even better than watching old dove hunters chase wounded doves with a stick or a rock, around a mesquite bush.