Tim McGraw to Headline anti-gun concert

2»

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,192 Senior Member
    Jerry, you need to clear some of your stored messages out. I want to send you a note.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    OOPs! Cleared!
    Thanks!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,026 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    The only thing going for TM is he gets to shag FH.
    I never could stand his music anyway. Can't stand his whiney voice. Granted I despise todays "country" music (pop with fiddles) but still. His voice is annoying. Maybe there's a reason your dad left you, Tim.

Doubtful that any **** is going on they are divorcing I heard.
    Your turn, Noel- - - -full mailbox!
    Jerry
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Chris Ledoux would have kicked him in the sack, then gone back to Wyoming.

:that: I would worry about ditching his music, if I had ever wasted money on some.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,192 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Your turn, Noel- - - -full mailbox!
    Jerry

just cleared it...thanks
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    It appears fellow country singer Billy Currington is also going to be in the show.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    I don't give a tin scat what McGraw or anybody else does...but I suppose it's just as likely that he was bamboozled by these folks blowing 'feel good' up his six as anything else. I still won't listen to his music though. No sense starting now.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Play a country song backwards- - - -you get your girl back, your job back, your truck back, your dog back- - - - -etc.!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That's hilarious

It might be hilarious if it didn't sound like somebody rubbing a chalkboard with their fingernails. I haven't figured out why anybody would pay good money to hear crap like that.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    It might be hilarious if it didn't sound like somebody rubbing a chalkboard with their fingernails. I haven't figured out why anybody would pay good money to hear crap like that.
    That would mean something if you didn't like George Jones. Who sounded like a possum in a sack being kicked and beaten with sticks. Your taste in music is suspect.

Maybe that's how he got the nickname "possum."
    Overkill is underrated.
    That would mean something if you didn't like George Jones. Who sounded like a possum in a sack being kicked and beaten with sticks. Your taste in music is suspect.

Maybe that's how he got the nickname "possum."

Yeah I guess you have a point, except for the fact that you just noted that a whole lot of people's taste in music was and is suspect, to include such greats as Johnny Cash, Allen Jackson, Ronnie Dunn, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Kenny Chesney, and Travis Tritt to name a few. I've heard more Country legends name George Jones as the greatest ever than any other country star. So ok, you can suspect my tastes. But judging from all this I must say then I'll have to suspect your ability to make such a judgment.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/04/26/george-jones-called-greatest-country-singer-all-time/
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    Them folks probably think a .270 is a damned adequate deer rifle, too.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Them folks probably think a .270 is a damned adequate deer rifle, too.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Yeah maybe, :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,267 Senior Member
    Had the opportunity to meet the McGraw family several weeks ago.Seemed like very nice folks! Disappointing news indeed.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Yeah I guess you have a point, except for the fact that you just noted that a whole lot of people's taste in music was and is suspect, to include such greats as Johnny Cash, Allen Jackson, Ronnie Dunn, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, Kenny Chesney, Sheryl Crow, and Travis Tritt to name a few. I've heard more Country legends name George Jones as the greatest ever than any other country star. So ok, you can suspect my tastes. But judging from all this I must say then I'll have to suspect your ability to make such a judgment.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/04/26/george-jones-called-greatest-country-singer-all-time/

Please scratch Sheryl Crow off that list. Unless I am very much mistaken, she is another full strength libtard anti-gun idiot.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Jeeper wrote: »
    Please scratch Sheryl Crow off that list. Unless I am very much mistaken, she is another full strength libtard anti-gun idiot.

Luis

The only reason I included her there was her name was on the list of those paying condolences to George when he died and she is well known. I may be wrong too, but I have never seen personally where she was against the 2A. But I will remove her name in the interest of continuity of the forum.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    The only reason I included her there was her name was on the list of those paying condolences to George when he died and she is well known. I may be wrong too, but I have never seen personally where she was against the 2A. But I will remove her name in the interest of continuity of the forum.

To hell with continuity, name who you want to name. You can freaking well respect somebody's judgement in music without giving a crap about their politics. I like Uncle Ted's stand for the 2A, but that doesn't mean I buy his music. I know plenty of folks who don't care one way or the other about guns, and some that think guns are the devil. Many of them like Ted, some don't. I don't think any of them give a tinker's damn about his politics and if they do, they sure wouldn't be inclined to downplay that for the sake of continuity.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well, I've said it numerous times on here in the past..............................You can like a musician or Hollywood star, but not their politics and if you try to vet them through your own beliefs and politics..............you may find you have painted yourself into a lonely corner.

Sometimes we get lucky and sometimes we don't and I guess in some extreme cases you have to decide whether their views or talents are more important to you.

I know it can sometimes be a real pisser when one of your favorites says or does something you find unacceptable.

Hell, I like the Rolling Stones, but probably not their politics. And too bad if others disapprove, I'll keep listening and watching whatever I choose, as should you!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Double Tap
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    To hell with continuity, name who you want to name. You can freaking well respect somebody's judgement in music without giving a crap about their politics. I like Uncle Ted's stand for the 2A, but that doesn't mean I buy his music. I know plenty of folks who don't care one way or the other about guns, and some that think guns are the devil. Many of them like Ted, some don't. I don't think any of them give a tinker's damn about his politics and if they do, they sure wouldn't be inclined to downplay that for the sake of continuity.

True on all counts.
    Jeeper wrote: »

Jeeper, Thanks for the 2A Check page. I went there and posted a comment.
    No real surprises there. Most of those people and organizations I figured were Antis.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Billy Currington came to his senses and dropped out of the concert.

billy%20currington_zps9c88njon.jpg
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,318 Senior Member
    I'm not defending him nor am I a fan but McGraws friend and fiddle player lost a child at SH. McGraw says he is a gun owner and is only supporting gun safety.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,722 Senior Member
    Thinking back, I liked the rock music of the late '60's, early '70's, while at the same time supporting those who served in the military, so I suppose it is somewhat hypocritical to now boycott an entertainer for supporting a cause I disagree with. Still, this seems a little bit more clear-cut than all of that stuff was, back then. I was young and ill-informed, and just liked the sound, if not necessarily paying much attention to the lyrics or searching for meaning. I know that the music of that era really irritated the 'grown-ups,' and that has a certain appeal of its own, when you're a kid. It's very hard to figure out what's important when you're young and full of 'piss and vinegar.'
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 716 Senior Member
    I'm not defending him nor am I a fan but McGraws friend and fiddle player lost a child at SH. McGraw says he is a gun owner and is only supporting gun safety.

If that isn't between a rock and a hard place.