California bans .45 acp ammo.

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 8,525 Senior Member
http://nationalreport.net/california-implements-statewide-ban-45-acp-ammunition/

I am surprised this has not been all over the news.

Bigslug and Zorba tell us its a hoax.
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    It's fictional ... do not worry. They are the ones who ran the Texas Ebola break out story last year.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,079 Senior Member
    Its a hoax - did you see the links to the other "stories" on that site? Its an obvious spoof, plus there's nothing about it anywhere else, including CalGuns who would have been screaming bloody murder long before this.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    http://nationalreport.net/california-implements-statewide-ban-45-acp-ammunition/

I am surprised this has not been all over the news.

Bigslug and Zorba tell us its a hoax.

Really, where do you find this stuff?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Well Whew!
    I was searching for holsters for the new glock and it came up twice.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Well Whew!
    I was searching for holsters for the new glock and it came up twice.

You'd think the folks responsible could go do some volunteer work somewhere, if they have a lot of time on their hands. Instead of coming up with stupid pranks like these.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,891 Senior Member
    It is Ca after all
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Necessary evil, that ammo can cause oil leaks in helo's causing them to foul beaches.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    It was on the Internet so it must be true.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Diver, National Report is a spoof website. Don't believe stories from "The Onion" either -- the North Koreans do.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    There is also a link floating around to a "New York Times" article about the same thing. However, that one has a .co after the .com in the web address indicating the web domain is from Colombia...
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,736 Senior Member
    I checked out this mess on the web. Every link to the ban leads back to the National Report site, and NOT A SINGLE LINK lists a bill number associated with any ban on .45ACP ammunition. That's a good indication the National Report is spewing bullsqueeze, again.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    The real story here is if it wasn't on a satire site and on a legitimate news site, it would be entirely believable.
    News flash:

.45 acp ammo will be legal, you just can't shoot it in a liberal area.