Home Main Category Personal Defense

Police: Alabama woman who shot home invader shot by officers after failing to drop he

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Classic failure to communicate. Always put weapon down when cops arrive. Sad it turned out this way for her, though.

Police: Alabama woman who shot home invader shot by officers after failing to drop her weapon

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/20/police-alabama-woman-who-shot-home-invader-shot-by-officers-after-failing-to/?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
    Without knowing more, I have to wonder if the cop didn't overreact? I understand if somebody points a gun at a cop, they're bought and paid for, but this doesn't sound like that sort of situation.

We'll know more later, I guess...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    After firing a shotgun in a garage, I'd suspect the woman was seriously temporarily hearing impaired. Hard to hear when your ears are ringing like the bells at Notre Dame. Add in a 'Nervous Nellie' cop and bad things happen. At least the cop was a lousy shot.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    In all fairness, a family dispute can turn on a dime against the cops, so from what I know I find it hard to doubt his response was not the right thing to do.

Always put your gun down when the cops arrive, they don't know who is the BG. Any circumstance where you point a gun at a cop will likely get you shot, whether you are aware of that or not, emotional state of mind or anything else doesn't matter at that point in time.

Hopefully, she will recover soon.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,309 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    After firing a shotgun in a garage, I'd suspect the woman was seriously temporarily hearing impaired. Hard to hear when your ears are ringing like the bells at Notre Dame. Add in a 'Nervous Nellie' cop and bad things happen. At least the cop was a lousy shot.

My thoughts exactly. I have fired a .357 inside a closed vehicle, and you are not going to hear right for a long time after that
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. I have fired a .357 inside a closed vehicle, and you are not going to hear right for a long time after that

Amen to that. I did that kind of thing too many times. Now you have to holler at me even when I have my hearing aids in.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.