Home Main Category Personal Defense

Ohio now recognizes All Out-of-State Concealed Carry Permits

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberCentral IndianaPosts: 902 Senior Member
It is now a law if are not a resident and have a valid concealed weapon permit in another State it will be recognized while you are
visiting in Ohio.

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,552 Senior Member
    Now that sounds like some legislation that is good for legal gun owners. Not perfect but surely a step in the right direction.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,220 Senior Member
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    It is now a law if are not a resident and have a valid concealed weapon permit in another State it will be recognized while you are
    visiting in Ohio.

This is how it should be. They allow me to drive in Ohio as well.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,275 Senior Member
    I'm not sure how many states have gone this route....Kansas did this last year....makes perfect sense...universal reciprocity....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • samzheresamzhere Banned HoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Excellent. The reciprocity agreements are very helpful to travelling gun owners.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Before it was like something magical happened, "Oh, we crossed the state line, so everything is better now, we don't need a carry license anymore."

Duh!.........:uhm:.....:buff2:....:silly:.....:roll:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Welcome back to America
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    Got a link???

I know the last bill that passed had changes to get more reciprocity. Did not hear it was universal.

Also in the bill, it is now legal to hunt with supressors :applause: .......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    Still looking, but did find I can carry in PA again!!

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/yes-you-heard-correctly-buckeyes-may-now-carry-keystone-state
    The enactment of House Bill 234 by the 130th General Assembly is one of the most significant changes to Ohio’s gun laws in years. As of March 23, 2015, among other great things, it has given Buckeyes concealed carry permit reciprocity with Colorado, Georgia, New Hampshire, Texas*, Wisconsin* and Pennsylvania.

.......... and now that Georgia is legal, I could drive clear to Florida and be legal the whole way
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Western PAPosts: 8,229 Senior Member
    Yep, your Governor said that PA permits are good in OH after years of not being OK. Pa has reciprocity with states that accept our permits, its that simple and quick even with a left leaning Atty. Gen.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • sarg1csarg1c Senior Member KentuckyPosts: 1,707 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Got a link???

I know the last bill that passed had changes to get more reciprocity. Did not hear it was universal.

Also in the bill, it is now legal to hunt with supressors :applause: .......
    I live in Kentucky and carry when visiting my Mother and family in Mansfield,Ohio. It's been legal to do so for several years now.