Obama facing Dem revolt on trade push, Reid says ‘hell no’

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
But, they are saying it MAY be a bad deal for American workers because it will allow EU like border crossings and foreign workers to come here which would take jobs from Americans and make it even easier to get into our country.

I don't know all the details, but if Obammy is pushing it, the devil will be in the unseen details.

I think I heard a REP say there will be several months for them and voters to see what is really in it...............I guess it is wait and see.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/22/obama-facing-dem-revolt-on-trade-push-reid-says-hell-no/?intcmp=latestnews
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    From what I've heard of that agreement, Obama is dead set to have us heading for third world status like a rocket sled on rails with 500K lbs. thrust.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    From what I've heard of that agreement, Obama is dead set to have us heading for third world status like a rocket sled on rails with 500K lbs. thrust.

Why aren't more REPS raising the red flag yet? Many seem to be for it, if I heard that right?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Why aren't more REPS raising the red flag yet? Many seem to be for it, if I heard that right?

I guess they are giving it the same 'due care and diligence' they gave the Affordable Care Act. Like Pelosi, they think they have to pass it to find out what's in it. :nono::fan:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    "I would not be doing this trade deal if I did not think it was good for the middle class," Obama said in an interview Tuesday with MSNBC. "When you hear folks make a lot of suggestions about how bad this trade deal is, when you dig into the facts, they are wrong."

In the interview, Obama specifically called out deal critic Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts Democratic senator and hero of liberal groups.

"I love Elizabeth. We're allies on a whole host of issues. But she's wrong on this," Obama said.

Anybody who disagrees with Odumbass is always wrong ... it must be so nice to always be right.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    The Repunklickan Establishment has no more use for a free middle-class than the Bolsheviks!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    Giving Ovomit the authority to do ANYTHING on his own is dangerous.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,744 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    The Repunklickan Establishment has no more use for a free middle-class than the Bolsheviks!!!
    This. Almost every republican in Congress is for this and all the free trade deals. They are owned by the chamber of commerce and other big business interests who will profit globally while the working class suffers locally.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    We are living the culmination of Cloward and Piven's plan for America!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct