Earth Day predictions from 1970 that failed to come true

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Walter Cronkite, in 1972, also brought us news of the impending new ice age that would plunge the Earth into a snow covered ball and kill all life as we know it. Science back then was full of dire predictions. :roll2:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Walter Cronkite, in 1972, also brought us news of the impending new ice age that would plunge the Earth into a snow covered ball and kill all life as we know it. Science back then was full of dire predictions. :roll2:

Science right now is full of dire predictions. Global warming comes to mind, but it all depends on who you ask.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,658 Senior Member
    Dire predictions are every bit as popular as conspiracy theories or UFO stories. Government used to 'turn flips,' trying to debunk them - now they use them to manipulate us. And film makers have figured out that giving losers their own reality shows is cheaper and easier than hiring actors with unrealistic opinions of their own value to inject drama into mundane subject matter. Different audience, but still very profitable.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member

''In the year 7510
    If God's a-comin' he ought to make it by then
    Maybe he'll look around himself and say
    Guess it's time for the Judgement day''

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!