Home Main Category General Firearms

C&R FFL

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,583 Senior Member
I'm about 15 years too late for sweet prices, but no biggie. I sent the application off several days ago. Does anyone know what the wait time is on a C&R license?
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Maybe 30 days or so. First ones usually take longer than renewals. Just follow all their instructions.............notify local Chief LEO and all that.

People bitch about the BATF on here all the time, but whatever dealings I ever had with their LIC# Bureau has been very positive and the ladies I talked with on the phone were great.

Enjoy and hard to explain how good it feels to get yer first gun delivered to you using your C&R :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Is it still like $30.00 or so?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    I think so.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Is it still like $30.00 or so?

Yes.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Northwest OhioPosts: 1,150 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Mine's up for renewal, and with pretty much every place I used to use it for discounts no longer honoring it, I've pretty much decided to let it go.

This where I am. The golden days of mil-surps are all but over and the discounts are gone. There just isn't much reason for having one any more.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    wddodge wrote: »
    This where I am. The golden days of mil-surps are all but over and the discounts are gone. There just isn't much reason for having one any more.

Denny

I basically want to be able to have a few guns shipped to me. When AIM Surplus has stuff in stock it's worth it to me. I want a K31 badly and hunting one down or dealing with transfers is silly to me.

Yes the "golden years" are passed, but it's still got some utility for expanding a collection.
    Exactly, much easier just to keep one and renew it instead of having to start from scratch all over again. Even if the deals aren't out there, I think it is well worth the money to keep one active.

And, if you do ever decide you want a C&R eligible gun again, you will surely save the $30 bucks even for one purchase than if you found a gun just like you want in a LGS.

I'd rather have one and keep it, using it very little, than not have one when I wish I'd kept it.

Yes, there are some legal ramifications allowing inspections and the like for C&R holders you wouldn't be subject to without one.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Miami, FL almost in the USA ;)Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    While the golden days of Mil Surps might have passed, any rifle or handgun gun made prior to 1965 can be shipped to your door with your C&R.

I watch Gunbroker all the time for old guns I like and can avoid a transfer fee, like Marlin lever guns. Think of all the guns made before 1966, 1967, or 1968, because in the next three years you can have those guns shipped to your door as well.

Plenty of awesome older guns out there that are shootable and collectable.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    knitepoet wrote: »
    You know what Big Chief? That made enough sense that I just filled out the renewal paperwork

Hey, I wonder if we can write it off our next years taxes as an "Entertainment/Hobby Expense" :tooth:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I just renewed mine for the 2nd. or 3rd. time, don't remember which. Just keep the "bound book" up to date in case there's ever an audit. I've had a few phone conversations with the renewal people, and they've always been very accommodating. Unless you do something stupid or quasi-legal, it's pretty unlikely you'll ever show up on their radar- - - -they're too busy partying with the cartels, apparently!
    Jerry