Home Main Category Personal Defense

Oh your________ policemen are so wonderful!!!!!!!!

shushshush Senior MemberThis Sceptical Isle.Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
New York tube train;

Two black men lying on the floor.

Four white policemen standing over them.

no batons drawn,

no pepper spray,

no handcuffs,

no tazer,

no firearms,

no dead bodies.

It is the Rapture, have I been called…………...:devil:

No.

Just a group of Swedish police officers holidaying in New York City, responding to a call.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11561516/Off-duty-Swedish-police-break-up-brawl-on-New-York-subway.html

assailant-subway_3280502b.jpg

victim_3280501b.jpg

That’s the way to do it.

'.........the modest foursome insist their bravery was "no big deal" - a statement their colleagues back home appear to agree with.

“In Sweden, if you see something bad, you just do something to help," Swedish officer Kia Samrell, who works at the Stockholm Police Department with Mr Kvarzell, told the New York Post.

"It’s ordinary, what they did," she said.'

It's never ordinary.

Well done lads. :up:

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,280 Senior Member
    Nice job on their part...But seriously Shush....Do you have any idea of the thousands of times a day that American cops take people into custody, without utilizing any of the impedimenta that you mentioned? The only incidents that make the news are those few that go horribly wrong...a blip in the whole scheme of things really...Our little department takes a lot of folks to jail (comparatively) and in recent memory can't recall one that had to be thumped, sprayed, tased or shot...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Nice job on their part...But seriously Shush....Do you have any idea of the thousands of times a day that American cops take people into custody, without utilizing any of the impedimenta that you mentioned? The only incidents that make the news are those few that go horribly wrong...a blip in the whole scheme of things really...Our little department takes a lot of folks to jail (comparatively) and in recent memory can't recall one that had to be thumped, sprayed, tased or shot...

The PD in the little town I grew up in was (in)famous for macing people IN the holding cell..........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The Swedes we prefer aren't cops- - - -or male!

S4-TantalizingTakeoffs031-NorthAmer.jpg

Swedish Bikini Team!
    :love:
    Jerry
  • shushshush Senior Member This Sceptical Isle.Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ...But seriously Shush....

Bit of an oxymoron there, say what?

...Do you have any idea of the thousands of times a day that American cops take people into custody, without utilizing any of the impedimenta that you mentioned?

Irony?

: incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result; an event or result marked by such incongruity.

Or;

Laughter is God’s hand on the shoulder of a troubled world.

Huntznicker.
    shush wrote: »
    It is the Rapture, have I been called…………...:devil:

My one fault?............I am just too subtle by half.

PS.

Welcome aboard to Seriously Shush.................our newest member.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hell, they didn't use any of those cop tools of the trade because they didn't have them with them!

I applaud their actions, though.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member This Sceptical Isle.Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hell, they didn't use any of those cop tools of the trade because they didn't need them with them!

I applaud their actions, though.
    :up: :jester:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Swedish police carry firearms. Only cops and thugs carry guns in NYC!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!