Home Main Category Personal Defense

Armed civilian stops assault in Kroger lot

samzheresamzhere BannedHoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Here's where an armed civilian stopped an assault on a old gent in a Kroger parking lot. The article's commentary is good. And thanks to "Gene" who held his stance and would not back down.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/04/27/video-kroger-customer-draws-gun-intervenes-to-protect-elderly-man/

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,275 Senior Member
    I did some additional reading on this incident....seems the guy thumping on the old guy was his nephew and that the whole bunch were family. The "victim" refused to file charges...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,304 Senior Member
    "Gene" had some good form. Looks like he has trained and thought this through.

Good on him. Turned out the best you can expect for that situation.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • samzheresamzhere Banned HoustonPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Yeah, I saw about the nephew. But hey, Gene did what we'd hope any responsible gun toter would do, and intervened when he saw someone being thumped on. And yes, looks like Gene also had his ready position nicely set up.

Glad he didn't have to shoot someone. I guess that the other bunch saw that Gene wasn't messing around. Keen.