Home Main Category General Firearms

And now the wait begins...

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,583 Senior Member
The Griffin Armament RSTA is paid for and the first wait begins...the transfer from the dealer to my FFL. Then it's Form 4 time.

A few specs on the RSTA...

It's an over the barrel design that I wanted and unlike the OPS Inc style, the collar portion of the system is not a separate piece. In this system, if the bearing surface of the muzzle tenon is true, as is the muzzle adapter. It weighs 21oz and will add 5.4" in front of the muzzle; it's about 9" OAL.

This model is for use with a .30cal gun, but is multi-caliber rated. So this will be my one suppressor for all.

maxresdefault.jpg

GARSTA-2.jpg

T-minus 6ish months...
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,829 Senior Member
    What is the Db level difference shooting .223 thru a .30cal suppressor compared to a .22cal???
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • timctimc Senior Member TexasPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Interesting design, looks really good. The good thing about the wait for the stamp is you aren't crying about what you spent on the setup anymore by the time you get it.

I'm 45 days into my efile for my SBR. They say this have been going through in about 2 months. I'm thinking suppressors for the .338 Lapua and .50 Beowulf next! Gotta sell a kidney first!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    What is the Db level difference shooting .223 thru a .30cal suppressor compared to a .22cal???

.308 is -31dB (16" bbl)
    .223 is -36 to 40dB (18" bbl)
    .300blk is -39dB (12" bbl)
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers