There Will Be Blood

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 6,243 Senior Member
Tomorrow's loadout.

2011-10-28_22-17-27_59.jpg

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,440 Senior Member
    I count only four boolits..............this does not bode well.

Well......I guess that's why you're packin' two knives. Can't run out of ammo with knives.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    MAN that is looking good for sucking air in one side and blowing blood out the other side :beer:
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I count only four boolits..............this does not bode well.

Well......I guess that's why you're packin' two knives. Can't run out of ammo with knives.

Mike

You have me confused with cpj. I'm only gonna shoot one deer, so I have 3 bullets too many.

Besides, I still have a ratio of 5 deer slain to 4 bullets fired, and tomorrow I hope to make that 6:5. We'll see.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,271 Senior Member
    Is that the famous Cerama-Coat .30-30? How's the finish holding up?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    That's her, Mr. Jerry. It's holding up fine. I love the look now, the matte contrasted the blued bolt, lever, and barrel.

That stuff is tough as woodpecker lips, just like you suggested!
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    Buff,
    What kind of rear sight is that,I have Skinner sights on my .444 and my 39a.

Oh yeah Good Luck
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    Are you really having problems with skeeters at the tail end of October?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Tomorrow's loadout.

2011-10-28_22-17-27_59.jpg

Does that there be a Cheswinster? er ah you know what I mean, I was trying to disguise the name from cpj and the Win....ter haters. That do be a Win....ter ain't it?shhh I won't tell anybody. Besides that makes two firearms that are hated on this forum that you and i have. I won't mention the other one either, but its initials are .270.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    Just be careful not to get the cheek of your palm caught between the leaver and the buttstock and you most probably won't have to worry about there being any blood.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Jayhawker wrote: »

Oh yeah. We'll have them at Thanksgiving. And we won't give thanks for them.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,052 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »

You, uh, ain't spent much time in the Southeast, have you? We've had problems with skeeters in December if the weather warms up for long enough.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    Have not been bothered much lately, I wounder if they did an aerial spray.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    I'll be hunting "up north" around Lake Okeechobee in three weeks, and yes there will be mosquitos in the woods / swamps.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    2011-10-29_09-26-52_438.jpg
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,056 Senior Member
    That tree don't look all that bloody to me! It is only 10:30. Your butt is supposed to be parked out there waiting for the buck that did that to show up!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    That tree don't look all that bloody to me! It is only 10:30. Your butt is supposed to be parked out there waiting for the buck that did that to show up!

No doubt, what are you doing posting this AM with a big tree rubbed up like that?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    He takes his phone with him and can read/post from the woods. He has sent me some strange(r) messages while sitting in the tree stand.

Pffft, hunting is to get AWAY from such things, I have been stockpiling yet to be read hunting and shooting mags for my deer stand and I found a hardcover copy of "Death in the Long Grass" to read again, you need to be in the right frame of mind, no cell phones allowed, at least not on.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    2011-10-29_09-26-52_438.jpg

Itchy back? I hate when that happens.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    Itchy back? I hate when that happens.

Nah, its just one of the ways that Buffy marks his territory............you dont want to know the others :yikes:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    That is a nice buck who took the time to work that tree!!! Get him Buff :beer:
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,741 Senior Member
    I guess I'll go trudge out in the snow with stick and string and try to beat buffy at this game
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Ahhh goin Beaver huntin! They'll be back to finish that tree for sure!:jester:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    I wounder why they like to kill cedars so much.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Starting to get discouraged. Been very windy, also rainy this morn. A deer blew at me in the dark on the way in. Two hours left......
    Starting to get discouraged. Been very windy, also rainy this morn. A deer blew at me in the dark on the way in. Two hours left......

Awesome, live reporting from the field direct to the forum thread. :beer:
    The wind FINALLY lay about 30 minutes ago. Been blowing all day. I can finally hear.

It's do or die time.
    The wind FINALLY lay about 30 minutes ago. Been blowing all day. I can finally hear.

It's do or die time.

I love it, it is like listening to a ball game on the radio.
    No joy.

On the walk out, I bumped a resting deer that ran off and starting blowing. This set up a cacophony of whistling-blows from all over. There were three distinctly different deer involved.

On the plus side, I found a tunnel leading into the oak hammock I was hunting the outskirts of, and that is where I will be hunting next. This is where I bumped the first deer.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,440 Senior Member
    Okay.....it's time for that little talk.

You're supposed to be shooting deer, not "bumping" them, if that's what you want to call it.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Is deer bumpin' anything like cow tippin' ?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell