Mississippi hold-up ends when victim shoots, kills one of his robbers

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    America!!! I hear it's nice!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,417 Senior Member
    No parole from the graveyard, and society doesn't have to feed and house the scumbag. Maybe his partner will resist arrest when they catch up to him and he can get the same kind of justice.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    If 90% of the carjackers, home invaders, rapists, and armed robbers were shot dead in their tracks by the victims this kind of antisocial behavior would probably slow way down. Even if it didn't slow way down, the states would save a lot of money in the long run. Dirt naps are cheaper than room and board costs.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,589 Senior Member
    Now, now; the gentleman was just getting his life turned around. :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Another misunderstood protester is offed by evil ruling class men. Sigh.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    If 90% of the carjackers, home invaders, rapists, and armed robbers were shot dead in their tracks by the victims this kind of antisocial behavior would probably slow way down. Even if it didn't slow way down, the states would save a lot of money in the long run. Dirt naps are cheaper than room and board costs.

Mike, It would certainly cut down on recidivism........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,811 Senior Member
    http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/05/20/murder-suspect-an-mdoc-corrections-officer/27651867/

A Mississippi corrections officer has been charged with capital murder in connection with the kidnapping and robbery of a Jackson resident, according to the state Department of Corrections.

Andre Kennedy, 22, has worked as a guard at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Rankin County since January 2014, MDOC said.

Because state service employees must receive due process, Corrections Commissioner Marshall Fisher approved Kennedy's immediate suspension without pay pending the outcome of that process.

In addition to capital murder, Kennedy also was charged with kidnapping and armed robbery.

"We are in the process of implementing new hiring policies, including the use of polygraphs," Fisher said. "Although polygraphs are not foolproof, they are an excellent screening tool in the hiring process."

Jackson police say Kennedy and Edwin Robinson, 23, approached the unidentified doctor at his home in the Eastover neighborhood. The suspects forced the victim into his house where they took his wallet and then forced him to drive them to an ATM.

Police say the victim was able to grab a gun out his truck and shoot at the suspects. Robinson was killed and Kennedy fled on foot.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,457 Senior Member
    Huh. A cop.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    If 90% of the carjackers, home invaders, rapists, and armed robbers were shot dead in their tracks by the victims this kind of antisocial behavior would probably slow way down. Even if it didn't slow way down, the states would save a lot of money in the long run. Dirt naps are cheaper than room and board
    costs.
    The concept is sound. I remember when FL got CC. Of course there were predictions of the wild west and blood in the streets. And there was, just not like they thought. People got guns and used them. The life expectancy of car jackets went down.
    So then the BGS started jacking rental cars, rightly predicting the tourists would be unarmed.

Anyway, good on the doc. He did the world a favor.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs