Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

YOU gave them $$$ to cure cancer, THEY spent $187M on themselves

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
We have discussed this before.............gotta be careful what % of your donations actually go to what they claim with ANY charity.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/05/20/4-us-cancer-charities-charged-for-misusing-donations-2-settle/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,205 Senior Member
    I am guessing that it won't be a jury trial.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    I am guessing that it won't be a jury trial.

Not when they can't even decide if there will be actual charges. Hey, "The money's been spent", right?

When folks do this sort of thing, they need to end up paupers. Homeless, penniless, with nothing to their name but the clothes on their backs. The issue is that, so long as SOME money goes to what it's supposed to go to, then it's hard to say they weren't doing what they said they'd do.

When being a 'good' charity means that only 2/3 of the money coming in goes to 'admin' costs, you know something is seriously wrong.:bang:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Hmmmmm.................Knoxville, TN..................A seething cesspool of crooks infest that place. Knoxville would be one of 4 cities in TN that would not surprise me that something like this happened. They are a deep blue infestation surrounded by a sea of deep red, sorta like a pimple on a sunburned butt. :roll2:

When considering a charity of any kind, it's best to check out their financials thoroughly. That info is online and isn't hard to find. As to the people running that mess, they need to be put in prison for a while. Too bad Brushy Mountain isn't in operation anymore.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    Kinda' like giving money to HillBillary's foundation.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Fraud: The New American Way

Seriously, none of these guys ever spend a day of jail in prison. Steal thousands and go away for years, steal millions and get slapped on the wrist, steal billions and get handed a golden parachute!

It don't happen often, but I'm in full agreement. I'd be surprised if anything more than a fine (which is really just a government payoff) is what happens here.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    I saw this today. I certainly do not know the legal ramifications of this.
    Fraud is a difficult crime to prosecute. Too many ins-and outs associated with it
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    All that some do to is have similar names to nationally known charity organizations, sometimes only changing one word in the name to dupe folks. It pays to check them ALL out. One of these groups actually put less than 3% toward cancer research/victims.

Ought to be Hoss-Whupped then tared and feathered.......................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    N320AW wrote: »
    I saw this today. I certainly do not know the legal ramifications of this.
    Fraud is a difficult crime to prosecute. Too many ins-and outs associated with it

Well, if they are a non profit and it can be determined they acted outside of their tax exemption there could be charges.

But...the law doesn't apply to anyone above the now non existing middle class.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That bunch needs to be worked over with a belt sander and dipped into a barrel of alcohol- - - - -repeatedly!
    :cuss:
    Jerry