Home Main Category General Firearms

Avoiding the fine

Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior MemberPosts: 7,474 Senior Member
Picked this 9mm Springfield Armory 1911 up on a trade for a XP, and it was new an unfired. Shot it with it's iron sights and decided I want to use it for a comp this summer. It shoots lights out for a factory barrel and bushing. Trigger is real nice too. It had targets sights on it, so I never really intended to carry this one.
Chris Rhodes did the work on this. He actually found a few things that were not to his liking and took care of those things too. Then he told me he "Ernie Proofed it." I really like this one.
21E3FCEF-F9BC-4F34-B583-83270CC7CC13_zpsdjs5xh7u.jpg
DFD7B90B-B0FA-4174-8BAE-3F077B6FBB64_zpslw9jxf0q.jpg
Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Very nice and if by "Ernie Proofed" he means the mount those Weigards are rock solid and running the red dot a little more forward like it does you get great balance.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Very nice... looks like he trimmed the thumb safety as well, a la Zee.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,914 Senior Member
    Kool beans. You got yourself a special one
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    Nice. :yousuck:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,093 Senior Member
    Looks good "Goose" :yousuck:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Very nice! :yousuck:
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    Sorry, but I do not Grok this
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    Is that still a target sight on the back, or is that strictly a charging handle? Looks real nice, either way.:beer:
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,988 Senior Member
    Quite the rig. Kind of a 1 trick pony. But then, it's a pretty good trick.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    Sorry, but I do not Grok this

Han Solo would have carried one of these, but all he had access to was a C96.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    You got that for an XD?:worthy: And it shoots good enough to compete with?:applause:

:yousuck:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    You got that for an XD?:worthy: And it shoots good enough to compete with?:applause:

:yousuck:

XP. As in XP-100. As in a Remington bolt action pistol. As in, about an even Steven trade.
    Zee wrote: »
    XP. As in XP-00. As in a Remington bolt action pistol. As in, about an even Steven trade.

Ah, thank you, I am all giddy from watching Mad Max, reading too fast.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Good movie? Worth seeing?
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Very nice kit, Ernie. Sounds like a square trade.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Good movie? Worth seeing?

Well, the vehicles were cool, costumes and make-up were cool, cinematography was very good, some very nice looking young ladies, some monster truck action, I don't think I saw the same make and model of gun twice(Bigslug will be bummed in the future, NO 1911's made it, there are Beretta 92's, Glocks, SKS's, shotguns, and lever actions though:tooth:), they had some awesome firey exploding bangsticks, and everbody has a death wish because they are going to Valhalla.

There is minimal dialogue, Max is pretty much a feral psychotic, there are a bunch of big guns on the "war wagon" they never use, lots of bad looks from bad people, they wreck Max's cool car TWICE, there is a lot of weird for the sake of weird, there is not much meaningful dialogue, the story is pretty loose and you are just along for the ride, stuff blows up but they just keep coming, they don't talk much. I would rather watch the original Mad Max and The Road Warrior any day, the boys were entertained, it is "R" for some bad language and people dying and one lovely rear end. I would watch it in the theatre for the full effect of the action.

:topic: Sorry for the hiiack Ernie
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,659 Senior Member
    Ernie - you suck. That's at least the third SA 9mm 1911 that's hit this forum in as many weeks! Beautiful! May it serve you well.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,474 Senior Member
    Yes, it is a niche 1911. But a fun one at that. Plus, I have others for more traditional uses.
    Will try to nail some pd's and play on some steel in June with this one too. All for the sake of practice of course...
    Quite the rig. Kind of a 1 trick pony. But then, it's a pretty good trick.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,474 Senior Member
    For what I had into the XP, it was a real good trade. For what the guy was getting, it was an even trade-Everyone was happy.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Very nice kit, Ernie. Sounds like a square trade.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"