Home Main Category General Firearms

Check out these dummies!

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
Can't get the link to load- - - -some guys are using Ramset .22 construction loads to power .22 caliber pellets from an old Remington .22 semi-auto- - - - -single load the power cartridge into the chamber and muzzle load the pellet on top of it. They utterly demolish a small watermelon at about 15 yards, without full penetration! They're also punching very clean holes in 1/8" stainless steel plate! I wonder how far above safe chamber pressures they're going?
Jerry

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, that's the one- - - -I was following a link from another video- - - -guess the 2-way linkup didn't work. That's just insane- - - -maybe I'll try it sometime, but I'll use something like a NEF .22 or something similar with a HEAVY chamber area.
    Jerry
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Can't fix it......
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    I saw that, pretty damn stupid.
    A buddy of mine told me he has used the lowest power .22 blanks in an Ithaca single shot with pellets. He said it was quieter than shorts.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I've used bunches of the Ramset loads the right way- - - -such as nailing sill plates to concrete floors. Those hard steel nails go into cured concrete like a hot knife through butter. I can't imagine why anybody would risk a blown-up gun to tinker with them for plinking!
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I've used bunches of the Ramset loads the right way- - - -such as nailing sill plates to concrete floors. Those hard steel nails go into cured concrete like a hot knife through butter. I can't imagine why anybody would risk a blown-up gun to tinker with them for plinking!
    Jerry

Why, to increase hit count, of course! :rotflmao:

Do the Ramset rounds use a 'hotter' charge than a regular .22LR? It was pretty impressive to see those pellets perforate that plate!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    Even if it doesn't destroy the gun I bet there is a boatload of leading.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs