Home Main Category General Firearms

Palmetto is killing me

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,621 Senior Member
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    You soon.....just do it
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,621 Senior Member
    3 for the price of one since I last bought one.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    cpj wrote: »
    Then order 3. Duh. Just tell your wife it's like when she's buys shoes that are "on sale".

Done.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,068 Senior Member
    Chiro, I am trying VERY hard to not let you get me in trouble with Mrs Poet.... You have NO IDEA how hard :nono:

I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER LOWER.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Yes you do. Tell her we said you need one.
    And her reply will be, "Then tell them to take up a collection and pay for it then" :mad:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

She'll only be mad for a little while. What's the worst thing she could do? Superglue your willy to your leg while you sleep?
    Ok, so maybe it's not worth it.
    No, actually, before we got hitched, she said she wasn't going through another divorce, so if we did this and decided we couldn't live together she'd just shoot me and bury me in the back 40.

She's gotten 5 firearms since then, ( well actually 6 but she doesn't like the AR I put together for her) 2x 20ga, 22, 38spcl, 9mm and a 308.

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,244 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    No, actually, before we got hitched, she said she wasn't going through another divorce, so if we did this and decided we couldn't live together she'd just shoot me and bury me in the back 40.

She's gotten 5 firearms since then, ( well actually 6 but she doesn't like the AR I put together for her) 2x 20ga, 22, 38spcl, 9mm and a 308.

Sounds like a good reason to get a lower and build her another AR.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Did you get your upper? Mine is coming in today... Hurry up Brown truck :tooth:

Not yet, I deleted the emails and have no links to my order status, how many lowers did you order:wink:.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Chiro, I am trying VERY hard to not let you get me in trouble with Mrs Poet.... You have NO IDEA how hard :nono:

I DO NOT NEED ANOTHER LOWER.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower.... I do not need another lower

Duh, they are for the grandkids:tooth:

3 lowers with shipping came to $146.97 if that helps:devil:
    she'd just shoot me and bury me in the back 40.

If she hasn't dug the hole yet you have time.......Buy three
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Duh, they are for the grandkids:tooth:

3 lowers with shipping came to $146.97 if that helps:devil:

Don't forget parts kits. Lowers aren't going to do the grandkids much good without parts kits.

At this point, I wouldn't even consider it "hoarding", since the market is so saturated. But it might not be that way forever. Grasshopper or Ant, what's it gonna be?
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    Well, at least you aren't buying any more guns.

Well technically, an upper isn't a gun.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    True, but he said he was going to buy a lower "when the price is right". And a lower technically IS a gun.

I may have been guilty of only skimming the posts.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,957 Senior Member
    :resist:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    I have to pay $20 per lower for a transfer...

That would make it $207 delivered, about $70 per.

Still haven't built out the three Bushmasters I got months ago, but the .300 BO barrel looks good in the upper, so far. I realize and upper should go with almost any lower, but I want them to be from the same manufacturer and match.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    toymachine wrote: »
    Don't forget parts kits. Lowers aren't going to do the grandkids much good without parts kits.

At this point, I wouldn't even consider it "hoarding", since the market is so saturated. But it might not be that way forever. Grasshopper or Ant, what's it gonna be?

Parts kits are the next thing. Oh, it's hoarding, I was not even thinking very hard about a next AR project, those prices are too cheap for me to ignore, I have hemmed and hawed in the past and got burnt, can't lose money at these prices, might not make any, but should be able to come out OK if need be.
    Zee wrote: »
    :resist:

Futile!
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I have to pay $20 per lower for a transfer...

That would make it $207 delivered, about $70 per.

Still haven't built out the three Bushmasters I got months ago, but the .300 BO barrel looks good in the upper, so far. I realize and upper should go with almost any lower, but I want them to be from the same manufacturer and match.

D

Crap, I had not considered that, I assumed my LGS would just put them all on one form and charge one fee, hope not.
    Weatherby wrote: »
    You soon.....just do it

You too, let that S&W vacuum you have created fill back up again, switch gears for one gun build.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    No lowers. I'm going to buy some locally when the price is right. The transfer fee per lower at the LGS I deal with is not very good.

BUT, the upper just showed up. NICE!!!! See pics in separate thread.

Mine did not ship until the 26th, hopefully this week.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Their prices are insane enough that I got on the poodle shooter bandwagon. At this rate I will be needed more lowers!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    You too, let that S&W vacuum you have created fill back up again, switch gears for one gun build.

The one build was enough for me.
    Weatherby wrote: »
    The one build was enough for me.

Enabling-fu resistance is strong in this one, mm-hm
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    I have no clue, is that a good price?

It's a decent price, but Wilson Combat's site has pretty volatile stocks quantities. Seeing this desirable barrel in stock makes it tempting.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Crap, I had not considered that, I assumed my LGS would just put them all on one form and charge one fee, hope not.

Some can be nice and charge $XX for the first and then another $X for the next 4 since you can transfer up to 5 (I think it's 5 now) firearms per 4473. Back before the GunBroker or Bud's and such sites I remember $10 transfer fees but in today's market the LGS had to make a few bucks to keep the lights on when they can compete with store's that don't have the costs associated with the true brick and mortar retail.

If you are a member of a gun range or gun club you might check to see if they offer discounted transfers. A couple in central NC have their FFL license and do so as a member benefit.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Some can be nice and charge $XX for the first and then another $X for the next 4 since you can transfer up to 5 (I think it's 5 now) firearms per 4473. Back before the GunBroker or Bud's and such sites I remember $10 transfer fees but in today's market the LGS had to make a few bucks to keep the lights on when they can compete with store's that don't have the costs associated with the true brick and mortar retail.

If you are a member of a gun range or gun club you might check to see if they offer discounted transfers. A couple in central NC have their FFL license and do so as a member benefit.

My LGS has been pretty good to me and I ALWAYS buy ammo/holsters/cases/slings/rings etc. when I get a deal, my gun range is pretty casual, we all get a key and lock up when we go in and out, I barely see people there, no clue if they do group buys, might have to ask if there is such a deal-o, but like I need another Palmetto tempting me at this point.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Waaaay late to the party on this one, but I bought a pair of the stripped lowers today. Definitely not something I need this minute, but ya gotta strike while the iron is hot.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    I have had the upper and the nickel BCG group for a few days now, both look very well finished.