Home Main Category General Firearms

Palmetto is killing me

13»

Replies

• Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    I want palmetto to kill me (With a 29.00 $ Stripped Blem Anderson Flattop AR upper)
  • toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    I want palmetto to kill me (With a 29.00 $ Stripped Blem Anderson Flattop AR upper)

I'm liking their $59 slickside stripped upper receiver. Even better if I can catch a discount on a blem.
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    toymachine wrote: »
    Well, a UTG Pro buttstock for $27.55, and an Anderson LPK for $46.29, probably $15.00 for shipping from CTD, be about $150 for the lower, unless I'm forgetting something.

Well, I guess add 5.95 for a new old stock, ban era Thermold mag. And another five for an A1 grip, can't be seen running around with a stock A2 pistol grip, can we?

I've currently got an upper with a $75 takeoff barrel from Apex, a $40 blem upper and a $85 bcg from Palmetto. Then thirty for the gas block and twelve for the gas tube. And $36 for the ff tube/barrel nut. Call it three hundred with shipping.

We are talking .308 here, correct? That is a very good price, if so.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Set weight. 4-5lbs but smooth enough it feels less.

Noted! Thanks!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »

If he built an AR10 lower for $150 I will kiss you on the mouth chiro.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13

LOL, no, sorry. The link in the OP goes to an AR15 lower, and most of the other posts seem to be talking about AR15s, so I was sticking with that theme. Definitely a good job on your 308 build, you sucketh much.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    When I bought the $39.95 stripped lower at Palmetto for my grandson's build, I also ordered a complete lower (blem, with stock) for $129.95. My FFL did the transfer for both for $15. The stock isn't much, but it will do fine till I figure out what I need, at that price. I also picked up a complete upper at a gun show yesterday because it had a 1:8 16" barrel and a free float modular rail and sights, all for $440 OTD.

If it doesn't suit my grandson, I'll keep it and have a range ready AR for $560. That's about what the complete rifles were selling for (at the gun show), without sights and free-float, in some brand I didn't know.
    toymachine wrote: »
    LOL, no, sorry. The link in the OP goes to an AR15 lower, and most of the other posts seem to be talking about AR15s, so I was sticking with that theme. Definitely a good job on your 308 build, you sucketh much.

Whew, that is good, the dude with the chloroform, took a left turn there:silly::tooth:. I could not say no to a .308 at that price, CDNN was selling smooth side DPMS complete rifles for $799 late last year, I am glad I waited.
    If he built an AR10 lower for $150 I will kiss you on the mouth chiro.

Your off the hook, AR-15 parts.
    bisley wrote: »
    When I bought the $39.95 stripped lower at Palmetto for my grandson's build, I also ordered a complete lower (blem, with stock) for $129.95. My FFL did the transfer for both for $15. The stock isn't much, but it will do fine till I figure out what I need, at that price. I also picked up a complete upper at a gun show yesterday because it had a 1:8 16" barrel and a free float modular rail and sights, all for $440 OTD.

If it doesn't suit my grandson, I'll keep it and have a range ready AR for $560. That's about what the complete rifles were selling for (at the gun show), without sights and free-float, in some brand I didn't know.

It is pretty amazing how the market has changed, my LGS offered me 1000 rnds of PMC ball 5.56 for $325
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Your off the hook, AR-15 parts.

Damn, I was looking forward to it.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Damn, I was looking forward to it.

Well, I'll keep looking for deals, maybe I can help make your fantasies come true.