Home Main Category Clubhouse

Bubba ideas

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberPosts: 6,610 Senior Member
Replacing the carpeting in the bath with Linoleum. Why anybody would ever lay carpet in the kitchen or bath, I'll never understand, but that's not what this is about. I got the carpet and the padding up and found a 'sheet' of material around the thunder mug. It's poly-ish, thin and printed with a 'pattern' on one side. My first thought (well, right after whiskey tango foxtrot) was something like Tyvek, but intended as a water barrier to protect the subfloor. Nope. For whatever reason, Bubba decided to put a hunk of shower curtain under the stool. Now, shower curtain is water proof, but exactly what is a piece 2' square going to accomplish?? Have any of you run across this before? I'm scratching my head over this one.:silly:
"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    I have seen quite a bit, but that is a new one for me.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    My take on it is the installer wanted to prevent any leakage coming from the seal at the bottom of the bowl from ruining the entire carpet before someone could do something about it, although 2' square is not much protection.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    My take on it is the installer wanted to prevent any leakage coming from the seal at the bottom of the bowl from ruining the entire carpet before someone could do something about it, although 2' square is not much protection.

The only 'advantage' I can think of would be for the sweat on the side of a cool bowl/tank, but I can't imagine this making any measurable difference. Hell, the carpet would soak it up before it got to the subfloor.
    George Carlin
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    I have seen quite a bit..........

Found in between many layers of very old wallpaper, on the wall of a little used, top attic, bedroom.

Painted large, in red;

" DO NOT CLOSE THE BEDROOM DOOR.........the voices come back "

The paper hanger was not best pleased.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    I like that shush! I think I'll mark a chalk outline on the floor before I install the vinyl...it's a floating floor (not glued down), so the next guy should get quite a surprise!:roll2:

As to the 'voices', I have been in bathrooms that were demon infested, but the exhaust fan usually takes care of that!:tooth:
    George Carlin