Home Main Category Personal Defense

Alabama Robber's Family Mad At CHPer Who Shot Him During The Robbery

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberNorth CarolinaPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
The Good Sam chose to act and help the others in the store but the family of the robber said he should have not interfered ... W T F ??? The guy is robbing a store in a mask with a gun pointed at others. When he is told to stop and put down his gun he spins on Good Sam ... 5 shots ... they are damn lucky he is alive. I can't say for sure but I think 5 rounds from most here would be DRT for the thug.

And for my standard racial statement ... by the voice of the Good Sam I think he is black and I am glad of that so it would be black shooting black and no race card can be played (except for my racist statement)

http://www.usworldreport.com/armed-robbers-family-is-irate-after-he-is-shot-during-robbery-says-good-samartan-should-have-minded-his-own-business-h/
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    But but, he is a good boy, he just got mixed up with the wrong people.

Biggest travesty here, a pack of newports are almost 6 bucks.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Rumford, MainePosts: 1,094 Senior Member
    The shooting happened on November 12, 2013. I don't understand why some media outlets continue to take old news and report it as new.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    That's "the media" for you. Too bad, so sad.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    It's just the natural progression, once you start sympathizing with lawbreakers because they had a crappy childhood.

From their viewpoint, the guy was conducting a perfectly legitimate non-violent robbery, in which he demonstrated a de facto willingness to let the victims continue to draw breath, as he had obviously demonstrated by not blowing out anyone's brains. Along comes some busybody do-gooder who is too ignorant to know that this was just a routine neighborhood shakedown, and starts shooting up the place. Nobody had to get hurt, as long as they bent over and grabbed their ankles, as ordered. It's just a shame when folks can't assimilate into the 'hood. When folks don't know the pecking order, they should just butt out.
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    My baby din't do nuffin ... Far Left & Left have it in for (Israel) (The middle class) (Fundys) (CCW/CHL/CWP/CHP)
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,696 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    It's just the natural progression, once you start sympathizing with lawbreakers because they had a crappy childhood.

Oh, but I DO appreciate the fact that they had a crappy childhood . . . so much so I think we should extend the scope of the trial to see if we crucify their parents right alongside them in the town square.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    I would be satisfied with a heartfelt speech at the sentencing, with the judge lamenting the fact that he was one of the 'unfortunate ones' who 'fell through the cracks,' because he simply did not have the strength to overcome his unfortunate beginnings. "Sorry folks...it really sucks...but the bottom line is that if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. But folks, take heart in the knowledge that when this sentence has been carried out, your ___ (insert son, daughter, father, mother, brother, sister, baby-daddy, baby-mama, etc.) will have a clean slate."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    The Good Sam chose to act and help the others in the store but the family of the robber said he should have not interfered ... W T F ??? The guy is robbing a store in a mask with a gun pointed at others. When he is told to stop and put down his gun he spins on Good Sam ... 5 shots ... they are damn lucky he is alive. I can't say for sure but I think 5 rounds from most here would be DRT for the thug.

And for my standard racial statement ... by the voice of the Good Sam I think he is black and I am glad of that so it would be black shooting black and no race card can be played (except for my racist statement)

So what seems to be the problem here? Oh I get it, this is a perfect illustration of that old addage, "When Seconds count, the cops are only minutes away!" Because I know all the antis that saw this are out there spewing forth questions and Monday morning quarterbacking, "Why didn't he just run outside and call the Cops???" Like I said, "When seconds count...." well you now the rest. Geeeze!!!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Alabama Robber's Family Mad At CHPer Who Shot Him During The Robbery

What was the California Highway Patrol doing in Alabama?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,637 Senior Member
    Robbing a dollar store?? Doesn't he have any pride? :uhm: Heck, the Title Loan Store had to be right down the street....:jester:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,750 Senior Member
    The good Samaritan laid the babbitt to an armed robber. God bless him and the right to carry. He could have saved some lives, including his own.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I wish more people would get involved like this guy. The mindset of the family is a sad statement about society.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,219 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    The mindset of the family is a sad statement about society.
    Its because our Liberal legal system has enabled and promulgated this crap. As far as I'm concerned, the moment you start to commit a felony, you should lose ALL rights (once convicted, that is). You're convicted, its all on YOUR head.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    Justice is a funny thing.

It is really nothing more than a matter of opinion. It isn't so much about right or wrong, as much as it is merely a poor solution that everybody involved will accept, but very grudgingly. It is basically the resolution of a no-win situation. Either side, or both sides of the conflict can be either right or wrong and it doesn't matter, because the only goal of justice is to end the conflict, by creating a situation in which both sides feel like that they haven't lost, or been even further mistreated.

In this case, a career criminal was interrupted early in his career by a person who had resolved not to be a career victim. Either one of them might have won or lost, and the law might have absolved either one of them, because of the criteria involved in determining what constitutes legal or illegal behavior, and the skill with which that criteria is manipulated. Either way, the law would assign the title of winner to one, and loser to the other, and then wash its hands, regardless of the 'justice' aspect.

So, just forget the law, for this exercise, and focus only on justice. The justice in this case is found in the simple facts:

One person held the lives of several people in his hands, to be ended, interrupted, or spared, at his sole discretion, and based entirely on criteria that he believed his personal power allowed. For those who believe themselves to be living in a predatory world, this seems quite routine.

Then, another person came along and removed those options by exercising one of his own. He held exactly the same power in his hands, and exercised it in exactly the same manner, based on his own criteria for living in a predatory world. Very simple...how can this not be justice in a predatory world?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
  • timctimc Senior Member TexasPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
    The phone interview with the relative shows exactly what is wrong with this country and how a large number of our society feels entitled!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • shushshush Senior Member This Sceptical Isle.Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Justice is a funny thing.

It is really nothing more than a matter of opinion. It isn't so much about right or wrong, as much as it is merely a poor solution that everybody involved will accept, but very grudgingly. It is basically the resolution of a no-win situation. Either side, or both sides of the conflict can be either right or wrong and it doesn't matter, because the only goal of justice is to end the conflict, by creating a situation in which both sides feel like that they haven't lost, or been even further mistreated.

In this case, a career criminal was interrupted early in his career by a person who had resolved not to be a career victim. Either one of them might have won or lost, and the law might have absolved either one of them, because of the criteria involved in determining what constitutes legal or illegal behavior, and the skill with which that criteria is manipulated. Either way, the law would assign the title of winner to one, and loser to the other, and then wash its hands, regardless of the 'justice' aspect.

So, just forget the law, for this exercise, and focus only on justice. The justice in this case is found in the simple facts:

One person held the lives of several people in his hands, to be ended, interrupted, or spared, at his sole discretion, and based entirely on criteria that he believed his personal power allowed. For those who believe themselves to be living in a predatory world, this seems quite routine.

Then, another person came along and removed those options by exercising one of his own. He held exactly the same power in his hands, and exercised it in exactly the same manner, based on his own criteria for living in a predatory world. Very simple...how can this not be justice in a predatory world?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I say!!!!

One is getting pretty dam good at this, in ones dotage, say what. :devil:

Well put. :up:
    shush wrote: »
    I say!!!!

One is getting pretty dam good at this, in ones dotage, say what. :devil:

Well put. :up:

Now, there's a new (to me) English 'saying' that I haven't run across in all of my vast self-education endeavors. Very appropriate - I hope I can find someone to use it against that will know what I'm talking about. :jester:

You crack me up, man. :usa:
    Dotage | Define Dotage at Dictionary.comsb_safeannotation.png

dictionary.reference.com/browse/dotage
    noun 1. a decline of mental faculties, especially as associated with old age; senility. 2. excessive fondness; foolish affection

• shushshush Senior Member This Sceptical Isle.Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    ....... Very appropriate - I hope I can find someone to use it against that will know what I'm talking about. :jester:.....

Having just reached three score and five and no longer in gainful employment, I am reviled with words of this ilk quite a bit, on a spousal level. :whip2:

I just thought I would share. :tooth:
    shush wrote: »
    Having just reached three score and five and no longer in gainful employment, I am reviled with words of this ilk quite a bit, on a spousal level. :whip2:

I just thought I would share. :tooth:

Yeah, the gloves come off after retirement. I don't miss going to work, yet, but the thought of it is less dreadful than it was a year ago.:tooth:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, its a fact that married men don't actually live longer- - - - -it just seems that way!
    :tooth:
    Jerry
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Perhaps more range time is indicated, if the perp is in court and not on the slab, something has failed,

The bitter taste of poor marksmanship lingers on long after the sweet taste of the money one has saved has evaporated..........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996