Home Main Category Hunting

Has anyone used 150gr 30 cal Interbonds....

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,075 Senior Member
on game?

If so, what did you shoot with them? From which cartridge/MV? And, how did they perform?
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 601 Senior Member
    Shot a couple of hogs with some out of a 300 rcm. They left pretty good sized exits one was around 40 yards the others around 100 hogs didn't move.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,075 Senior Member
    Thanks
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Johnny reb wrote: »
    Shot a couple of hogs with some out of a 300 rcm. They left pretty good sized exits one was around 40 yards the others around 100 hogs didn't move.
    Where did ya hit 'em? I have an interest because I want to work up a black bear load for my '06. I'll probably use heavier bullets though. And right now I'm thinking ABS but I'm open.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 601 Senior Member
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,930 Senior Member
    I've used 7mm 140 grain Interbonds out of my .284. A few year ago, and took my best antelope and a decent 4 point mule deer with them.

I hit the antelope a little far back, and he ran about 100 yards before stopping. He was basically dead on his feet at that point but it did take a while for him to realize it.

As for the deer, I hit him at a lasered measured distance of 188 yards high in the shoulder. He dropped immediately and was probably dead before he hit the ground.

For deer size animals and smaller, I like 'em. Don't know if I would use them on anything tougher, though.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,930 Senior Member
    Where did ya hit 'em? I have an interest because I want to work up a black bear load for my '06. I'll probably use heavier bullets though. And right now I'm thinking ABS but I'm open.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Speer Grand Slams for heavier, tougher game. At least consider this bullet in 165 or 180 grains.

I've taken antelope, deer and elk with these bullets in different chamberings, and have always had good success with them. Never shot a bear, though, so I can't offer an opinion on how they would do on one.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Thanks Jerry :beer:

I have a couple of hundred of the interbonds I caught on sale a while back and am thinking about using them in my '06

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    I have never killed anything with the 150, the last deer I took in Colorado was killed with a .30-06, 165gr Hornady Superproformance interbond, published MV 2820fps. Deer was shot at approx. 50 - 60 FEET, heart and lung shot couple of ribs broken, deer ran about 100 Yds. bullet exited opposite side, I'm not real impressed with interbonds, to be honest I think this is the only game I ever killed with this bullet.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    FWIW, I'm a big fan of Speer Grand Slams for heavier, tougher game. At least consider this bullet in 165 or 180 grains.

I've taken antelope, deer and elk with these bullets in different chamberings, and have always had good success with them. Never shot a bear, though, so I can't offer an opinion on how they would do on one.
    I actually have a decent supply of 165 grain GSs. Thought I'd start my work ups with those. Of course there's always Partitions. Every Elk I ever killed, fell to one of those. Only complaints I ever heard where from the LR crowd. Don't see much of that here.but I've never tried 165s in this gun so I'll just have to see what I can work up.
    I expect it'll be fun trying though.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    Thanks Jay, That's sort of what I was afraid of. The 75-125# whitetails around here aren't that big, or tough.
    I'll probably just stick with my boringly consistent 150gr Rem Corelokts unless I hunt somewhere with bigger deer, or longer ranges, where the tougher, and more aerodynamic bullet might actually be a benefit.

Never had a well-hit deer make it >50 yards after "catching" a 150 CL, and most fall within sight (I LOVE not having to track/drag one)

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    I think any good 150 grain bullet in an 06 is a good killer of deer sized game. Also in a 308. I used to load my .308 for deer exclusively with 150 grain GKs and also Remington Core Lokts. They were a death ray on deer out to 200 yards, well that's all I can vouch for personally anyway. But they worked very well. I think the Interbonds would also be a death ray, and possibly a tad more accurate.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.