Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

US planning buildup in Gulf after Iraq exit?

robert38-55robert38-55 Senior MemberPosts: 3,621 Senior Member
I didn't think we were going to get Completely out of the middle east.... I guessed the Country of Turkey on another post but now it looks like Kuwait, might be the country of choice:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45093333/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/
"It is what it is":usa:

Replies

• gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 479 Member
    We have maintained a presence there since the first gulf war.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,720 Senior Member
    The pres is talking out of both sides of his mouth at once, I always believed many troops coming out of Iraq would be re-deployed in theater.
    Besides the expense of bring one group back early and deploying new.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    I didn't think we were going to get Completely out of the middle east.... I guessed the Country of Turkey on another post but now it looks like Kuwait, might be the country of choice:
    Sounds plausible to me. To leave the entire area defenseless in the event of an incursion by Iran into Iraq, would be grotesquely stupid, in my opinion.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    They got the infrastructure already in place in Kuwait or it wouldn't take much to get the Camps up and running for high populations again, as a few have shut down or downsized since 03. Mostly troops Ripping going in and out of Iraq/Afghanistan stop in Kuwait now.

I can see a couple or more of BCTs (Brigade Combat Teams) and Aviation Brigades for the Army sticking around/rotating in and out of the region. But I don't know what the plan is.

One thing is fer sure, the bloodbath will start all over again, when we leave fer good and the different factions are left to their own devices until one dominates the others. They don't play very nice with each other or share power willingly.

I'm afraid some/all the gains made by our Warfighters and their sacrifices might be in vain if we leave too soon. We have invested a lot of time, money and blood to offer them people a chance at freedom and a better life, but time will tell just how much they will accept.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!