1232425262729»

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    NN said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    NN said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    NN said:
    Shot the empty jug with .45 ACP ball and took it home as a trophy. 
    Are you going to get it mounted?
    Good idea
    Clean should have some thoughts on where she wants you to put it once you get it mounted :D
    #1 son called :'( home and asked Mon about it------wasn't pretty
    Ha, everbody likes to poke the bear.....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,635 Senior Member
    I took my 45/.45 for a bike ride------I fired 2 shots
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,664 Senior Member
    What did you shoot at?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    What did you shoot at?
    Just a jug--- did not want to put  this in the "I took a walk" thread since we are now in the discussion mode.
    I should have shot at the mosquitoes, though.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Maybe you can catch some with chop sticks well you ventilate the next jug???
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    GunNut said:
    Thanks for popping this one back up.  It was good to read BCs posts again.., 

Nobody on here better than Big Chief was. He would help anybody any time and only wanted to get along with everyone. They don't make many like him. Only met him once but once was all it took. When you met BC you knew you'd met the best.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    NN said:
    Went out in the forest to shoot a jug------almost had the big one--------they cleared the trees from the dirt road that had been there since Hurricane  Florence. 

Jug to Ned, "Dude, you're killin' me!"

You gonna do a shoulder mount or are you doing a European Mount?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Maybe you can catch some with chop sticks well you ventilate the next jug???
    I don't know about mosquitoes; but, I was taught to use chopsticks by a Japanese lady  
    snake284 said:
    NN said:
    Went out in the forest to shoot a jug------almost had the big one--------they cleared the trees from the dirt road that had been there since Hurricane  Florence. 

Jug to Ned, "Dude, you're killin' me!"

You gonna do a shoulder mount or are you doing a European Mount?
    I know a game warden at MCAS Cherry Point-------he does European mounts-----I'll go talk to him about it.
    Whatever you do I know it will look good.
    Today I shot two rnds of critical Defense .357 mag 125 gr FTX for the fun of it.

However, looking at the fired brass I saw a primer strike like I have never seen before. A small raised circle with a small dimple in the circle.

What causes this------a hard primer?

Sometimes primer cups have what is called flow. Some of the cup flows into the space between the firing pin and tunnel that contains it. It can tie up the guns with hammer mounted pins. Hence the improvement of frame mounted pins. 

I do not know if thats what you have or not.
    OK thanks----it was shot in a Blackhawk.

If I had had some other ammo with me I would liked to have shot one for comparison.

I need to take the 9mm cylinder along and try some 9mm.
    I think it's most common in the 357mag cartidge when loaded hot with light bullets and spherical propellants.
    Went back and shot some .38 spl today and got the firing pin mark that I expected.
  • GunNutGunNut Posts: 5,287 Senior Member
    edited August 21 #858
    NN said:
    I'm posting this to conform with new forum requirements on cleaning firearms.
    Turned out it was too easy and not that dirty.

Good for you.  I’m running behind.  I have a stack of guns to do on Sunday...😭
    Old West Saying: God created men, but Col. Sam Colt made them equal.

General George Patton:  “Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.”

GunNut said:
    NN said:
    I'm posting this to conform with new forum requirements on cleaning firearms.
    Turned out it was too easy and not that dirty.

Good for you.  I’m running behind.  I have a stack of guns to do on Sunday...😭
    Hey wrong one----that one is a .45/45 cold.
    Got cool, enough so I had to wear a light jacket when I went to the forest to hunt plastic jugs;  shot one then could not hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn.
    No doubt the weather change effected your focus.

I recommend hot coffee and doughnuts.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,430 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Got cool, enough so I had to wear a light jacket when I went to the forest to hunt plastic jugs;  shot one then could not hit the broad side of a barn from inside the barn.
    Must have been too hot or too cold.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,292 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Air density change from hot light air to cold dense air probably made that happen. Might need to raise the rear sight to account for added bullet drop due to the air density change.  :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams