Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Sc governor nikki haley calls for removal of confederate flag from statehouse grounds

124»

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Not just dummycraps- - - -the RINO's are jumping on the bandwagon in droves. Is there really any difference? It's beginning to look like the French Revolution solution is the only option left!
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    The real hate mongers are coming out now!

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/06/24/farrakhan-i-dont-get-debate-over-confederate-flag-we-need-to-put-the-american-flag-down/

Farrakhan: I Don’t Get Debate Over Confederate Flag, ‘We Need to Put the American Flag Down’

by Ian Hanchett24 Jun 20151084

Louis Farrakhan stated “We need to put the American flag down. Because we’ve caught as much hell under that as the Confederate flag” in remarks before the Metropolitan AME Church in Washington, DC on Wednesday first reported by DC’s WMAL.

Farrakhan said, “White folks march with you because they don’t want you upsetting the city, they don’t give a damn about them nine.”

He added that when the police took suspected shooter Dylann Roof to Burger King they were saying “You did a good job. Kill all them [bleep.]”

Later, he declared, “I don’t know what the hell the fight is about over the Confederate flag. We need to put the American flag down. Because we’ve caught as much hell under that as the Confederate flag,” comments that were meant with cheers and applause. He added, “Who are we fighting today? It’s the people that carry the American flag.”

Audio via WMAL.

Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,192 Senior Member
    In my opinion this "Confederate" flag should not be used/endorsed by a government. If you want to fly this flag in your yard, or wear a shirt that has this flag on it then go for it. I'm not endorsing tearing down or removing Confederate monuments or closing exhibits/battlefields. I don't care what the "Confederate flag" was previously used for or it's original intent. The "present-day" fact is that this flag represents slavery to most Americans and, in MY opinion, no government should be using this flag. No, I'm not a liberal, so please don't call me one.

I hope that my state of Mississippi will change it's flag. Right or wrong, the MS state flag has a negative connotation to MANY, MANY people. Will I lose sleep or move away if it's not changed? Nope! I applaud our Republican Speaker of the House for publicly saying that our flag needs to be changed. I am disappointed in our Governor and Lt. Gov. for their lack of leadership. They had a perfect opportunity to prove to the rest of the nation that Mississippi has entered the 21st century. Instead, the image that we're all a bunch of uneducated, inbred, racists has just been re-inforced. This is the 21st century. We lost the war. It is time to move forward.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,467 Senior Member
    I'm in favor of taking down the Confederate battle flag from government property but not molesting monuments on government property. ISIS and the Taliban blow up monuments and not us. The Left is making hay out of the current mood which is unconscienceible. We owe a certain amount of respect to everyone, regardless, whether Christian, Jew, even Muslim, straight, gay, black, white, or brown.

The Right is also trying to get a little traction here but nearly as much as the Left. Neither side should be. It's time for logic without emotion, regardless of how much we want to invest emotion in the situation.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,105 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I'm in favor of taking down the Confederate battle flag from government property but not molesting monuments on government property. ISIS and the Taliban blow up monuments and not us. The Left is making hay out of the current mood which is unconscienceible. We owe a certain amount of respect to everyone, regardless, whether Christian, Jew, even Muslim, straight, gay, black, white, or brown.

The Right is also trying to get a little traction here but nearly as much as the Left. Neither side should be. It's time for logic without emotion, regardless of how much we want to invest emotion in the situation.

No Confederate battle flags on government property?
    You have NEVER been to Arlington National Cemetery, Section 16, on June 8th. I guess this quaint old custom should go, too, lest it offend someone.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/csa-mem.htm
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    If we want to eliminate flags that were founded in overt racism, how about starting here
  • mohicanmohican Member Posts: 380 Member
    At least one POTUS candidate (or potential candidate) isn't being a slack jawed sissy boy http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/24/jim-webb-stands-up-for-people-who-memorialize-the-confederacy/
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,105 Senior Member
    Might as well piss on the fire and call in the dogs. The resident LIBERAL has just compared all Southerners to RACIST NAZIs.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Things were very different back then and it wasn't just a black and white, North and South or blue and grey issue.

http://www.history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation

5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation

1. Lincoln wasn’t an abolitionist.

2. Lincoln didn’t believe blacks should have the same rights as whites.

3. Lincoln thought colonization could resolve the issue of slavery.

4. Emancipation was a military policy.

5. The Emancipation Proclamation didn’t actually free all of the slaves.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I have read that Lincoln had plans of shipping all the ex slaves to central america but got killed before he could do it. True?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    I haven't validated this site yet, but this pretty much says the same thing as letters from ABE to a friend on his thoughts about slavery, I think that was Wikipedia where I saw it. I'll see if I can find it again.

Anyway:

http://www.rulen.com/myths/

" MYTH - Abraham Lincoln was the Great Emancipator.

FACT - While Lincoln has went down in history as the Great Emancipator, many would not care to hear his real thoughts on people of color. Martyred President Abraham Lincoln was fervently making plans to send all freed slaves to the jungles of Central America once the war was over. Knowing that African society would never allow the slaves to return back to Africa, Lincoln also did not want the slaves in the US. He thought the jungles of Central America would be the best solution and conducive to the freed slaves best interest. The only thing that kept this from happening, was his assassination."