The last hour

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,578 Senior Member
Hunted hard the whole 2ed. season, had a buck tag, saw elk, moose, mt. goats, bighorn sheep, lots of does, not 1 buck untill 6:00 tonite got a nice spike. Took him at 50-60 yds w/ 30-06 165gr. Hornady lite mag. Meat in the freezer.
JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Man talk about last minute! Congrats on meat in the freezer!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • Shoemaker SethShoemaker Seth Member Posts: 136 Member
    Glad you filled the tag. Even properly seasoned tags don't make for good eating.
    Some threads I read for information. Others I read for entertainment value.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,100 Senior Member
    Good for you-Congrats!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    That is so cool, last minute is better than the first minute of a hunt, because you got to hunt the whole time plus fill your tag.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Not a pressure fill encounter, I expect.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Congratulations! What time is dinner?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,212 Senior Member
    Congratulations on a successful hunt...I've always had good luck in the evenings...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    That is so cool, last minute is better than the first minute of a hunt, because you got to hunt the whole time plus fill your tag.

I've filled a first light tag before, maybe 5 minutes into the hunt. Tell you what, I'll take that ANY day lol gave me a chance to sleep, be lazy, drink beer, and help out my huntin buddies without worrying about my tag. Also let me get the animal to the processor and back to me well before I had to leave.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    Nice save. Good for you.
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    Good for you, Jay. Congrats!

I saw a really nice 4 point yesterday. It just happened to be inside the Canon City city limits, though.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Good for you, Jay. Congrats!I saw a really nice 4 point yesterday. It just happened to be inside the Canon City city limits, though.
    Should have used your vehicle. Excellent stopping power.
    "....the true general purpose big-game cartridges used in this country come in but two calibers, .30 and 7mm. (the .270 Win. is merely a slightly aberrant 7mm whose bullets are .007" undersize.) -Finn Aagaard - American Rifleman, December 1986
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 464 Member
    Congrats! Your 2nd season ended with better results than mine. I had a bull tag but only had one cow and her calf come near me. It's always a pleasure to be out there, even without firing a shot.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,578 Senior Member
    Congratulations! What time is dinner?

Leaving fri. morn for 3ed elk season, the buck is already cut, wraped, and in the freezer

Diner will be served 2 days after the season ends, so get your butt down here.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT