Home Main Category Clubhouse

Television programs you once enjoyed, and now realize are AntiGun...

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Never said anything about his politics of which I have no direct knowledge, only his birthplace.

I understand that, just saying in general, just because a show leans left doesn't aways mean an actor in it is left leaning.

I did hear that Chuck Connors was a major league baseball player before he got into acting.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,559 Senior Member
    The West Wing (so many things I'm against, yet wildly entertaining)

Batman (whole premise)

Star Wars - Episode 2: Attack of the Clones (Obi-wan shoots someone and says, "so uncivilized")

NYPD Blue (it's a show about New York. 'nuff said)

The Practice (with one caveat: in one episode, series creator/writer David Kelly has one character display their CCW and say something to the effect of, "I may not like guns, but I'm glad I have mine")
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Most everyone here had that figured out when the show was on in prime time...

Obviously, I did not have it figgured out, I am not that old a cuss anyway, when I watched the show, I did not care about details like that, now that I do, and am watching the show again, and there are specific episodes that show either the unmodified gun, or clear shots of the modified gun and screw with Lucas explaining it.

Just looked it up, the final episode aired April 1963, months before I was born.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996