Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

A POLL: Any Possibility Of Federal Government Imposing Marshal Law Within 10 Years?

N320AWN320AW Senior MemberPosts: 648 Senior Member
Martial Law

"The exercise of government and control by military authorities over the civilian population of a designated territory."

The Federal government has only once imposed Marshal Law. That was at some point during the U.S. Civil War. Several States have done this on rare occasions.

Considering the uneasiness in this country over the past few years, I am wondering what your thoughts are should things get REALLY out of whack in the U.S.? I deem this as extremely unlikely, but some may think otherwise. We are a very opinionated group around here. I think it would prove enlightening to see what the poll bars show as well as comments.

Thanks and vote, please.

Any Possibility Of Marshal Law In U.S.? 14 votes

0%
42% 6 votes
25%
21% 3 votes
50%
28% 4 votes
100%
7% 1 vote

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,505 Senior Member
    :popcorn:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    :popcorn:

That stuff is bad for your health!:roll2:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,505 Senior Member
    I did not see the poll the first time, I don't think so.

might happen some states will in a disaster area
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I did not see the poll the first time, I don't think so.

might happen some states will in a disaster area

What disturbs me is the apparent civil unrest as well as terrorists events over seas. All LE agencies have been put on guard regarding the July 4th holiday . . . big time. I seem to notice that something is going to happen around these parts. I'm kind of just waiting. And no, I haven't changed my carrying habits.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    :popcorn::popcorn:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    We have roving bands attacking white men, women and children all over the country with the media covering it up. We have major groups calling for the extermination of Whites. We have imported over a million potential terrorists intentionally. We have borders where thousands from anywhere with any intention can cross in a day. The groundwork is laid. Once the Government bans lawful firearms and rounds up many of the violators it will be the Pax Obama.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    Once the Government bans lawful firearms and rounds up many of the violators it will be the Pax Obama.

And just what army is going to attempt this? Where are the numbers? Where are the majority of weapons? Where is the bulk of skill at arms? Clue: NOT in the hands of the Federal government - which can hardly be considered an organized being with only one goal.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    I think that the chances are very slim (less than 25%), but I do think that the possibility is there.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,604 Senior Member
    25% or less is what I voted, but here's the part that'll make heads spin: If it's done, it will be national...and it won't be a democrat doing it.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin