Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

One of the reasons that "total" gun control will never work in the U.S.

EliEli Senior MemberPosts: 3,074 Senior Member
In the Martial Law Poll Thread Bigslug made this observation:
Bigslug wrote: »
And just what army is going to attempt this? Where are the numbers? Where are the majority of weapons? Where is the bulk of skill at arms? Clue: NOT in the hands of the Federal government - which can hardly be considered an organized being with only one goal.

A few days ago, author Larry Correia made basically the same observation (some parts highlighted for emphasis) during a FB discussion...

"You ever note in every discussion about the topic of the 2nd Amendment being powerless against a modern government, it is always the peacenick afraid of guns with zero understanding of fighting, combat, logistics, or tactics arguing about how easy national confiscation would be against the trigger pullers, veterans, and people with a clue?

In real life, the people who would have to go door to door in places like Texas and Utah enforcing this hypothetical confiscation law are all like, nope, ain’t gonna happen. I’m calling in sick. I’m calling in sick FOREVER.

Hell, in New York state they only got like a 5% compliance rate for their assault weapons registration. NEW YORK!? They’re estimating at least a million unregistered “assault weapons” in Bloomberg’s home state. One of the bluest of blue states in the US, and everybody outside of Manhattan said eat a bag of d!ck$, Cuomo. See the essay above? Where I was super generous and gave them 90% national compliance? Yeah… No.

But, but, but, drones! Tanks! Aircraft carriers! Oh really? Because the guys that drive those or work in the super evil military industrial complex that you liberals love so much tend to be so overwhelmingly on your side and in favor of gun confiscation?

There are 700,000 cops in America. The ones in places with super strict gun control can’t even enforce it in those tiny urban areas, and you think you’re going to go into Idaho or Tennessee and say give up all your guns or else, and that’s going to work? Then what? The US Military gets called up and told to go shoot their friends and neighbors because of a law most of them are fundamentally opposed to?

Yeah, go ahead and start dropping Hellfires on people’s houses in Kentucky or Colorado. I’m sure the resulting backlash will be nothing but peaceful candle lit vigils and sit ins…

See, one thing you **** wishful thinking unicorn enthusiasts miss about the 2nd Amendment isn’t just the bit where the regular people can have guns to fight tyranny, but everybody in the military swears an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States from enemies foreign, and DOMESTIC. So, how do you think members of the US military (who again, are overwhelmingly not progressive statist gun control enthusiasts) are going to react when given the order to go blow up American citizens because they are not complying with a law that violates the US Constitution?

Not to mention that most of the US military’s bases are in red states, where people live next door to, and barbeque with, and go to church with the people you expect them to go slaughter for your utopian vision. And on that note, all those big scary super weapons you keep citing that the “milita” would be helpless against? Yeah. They are parked and maintained at places like Cannon or Hill, where nothing but a chain link fence separates them from the neighborhoods of the people you expect to massacre with impunity. Except wait… They don’t need to climb the fence, because we already WORK THERE. And the people who took an oath to defend the Constitution who fly those things are more than likely to tell you to shove it, right before they frag their one general officer dumb enough to order them to bomb their home towns.

The Civil War was a giant bloody mess, and that was with geographic boundaries and causes worth fighting for. This is a cause that only people who haven’t really thought it through, wishful thinkers, and control freaks buy into, with no front line, no safe areas, no secure supply train, and the enemy controls the territory that produces all the food and energy.

Your MOST secure areas are the ones that melt down into violent riots when your over militarized police forces get caught on video doing something questionably violent.
All the “insurgents” would have to do is shut off the electricity for a few days and most of your side’s backing would evaporate. Oh, but you’ve got places like Berkley in your camp. I’m sure they would be willing to tough out another Civil War. Look out Fort Hood! This is going to get rough!

A single US red state has more territory and can produce ten times as many insurgents as one of the greatest military coalitions in history fought for a decade in Iraq.
Only ours will have a clue, and know how to fight better.

But, but, but feels! Drones! Drones are magic! You feel SO HARD. Because of hypothetical problems that may happen in the future, your imaginary army is willing to kill millions and destroy the whole country, because FEELINGS.

Brilliant. Tell us more about how smoothly this gun confiscation will go, Von Clauswitz!"

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,552 Senior Member
    Good read li'l brother :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    U.S. and even Canada has a LARGE number of vets that I bet haven't forgotten how to use all those high end toys like tanks..planes...helicopters etc. ands you can almost bet on which side of the fire those vets will be on if the governments do try.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,349 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    In the Martial Law Poll Thread Bigslug made this observation:

A few days ago, author Larry Correia made basically the same observation (some parts highlighted for emphasis) during a FB discussion...

"You ever note in every discussion about the topic of the 2nd Amendment being powerless against a modern government, it is always the peacenick afraid of guns with zero understanding of fighting, combat, logistics, or tactics arguing about how easy national confiscation would be against the trigger pullers, veterans, and people with a clue?

In real life, the people who would have to go door to door in places like Texas and Utah enforcing this hypothetical confiscation law are all like, nope, ain’t gonna happen. I’m calling in sick. I’m calling in sick FOREVER.

Hell, in New York state they only got like a 5% compliance rate for their assault weapons registration. NEW YORK!? They’re estimating at least a million unregistered “assault weapons” in Bloomberg’s home state. One of the bluest of blue states in the US, and everybody outside of Manhattan said eat a bag of d!ck$, Cuomo. See the essay above? Where I was super generous and gave them 90% national compliance? Yeah… No.

But, but, but, drones! Tanks! Aircraft carriers! Oh really? Because the guys that drive those or work in the super evil military industrial complex that you liberals love so much tend to be so overwhelmingly on your side and in favor of gun confiscation?

There are 700,000 cops in America. The ones in places with super strict gun control can’t even enforce it in those tiny urban areas, and you think you’re going to go into Idaho or Tennessee and say give up all your guns or else, and that’s going to work? Then what? The US Military gets called up and told to go shoot their friends and neighbors because of a law most of them are fundamentally opposed to?

Yeah, go ahead and start dropping Hellfires on people’s houses in Kentucky or Colorado. I’m sure the resulting backlash will be nothing but peaceful candle lit vigils and sit ins…

See, one thing you **** wishful thinking unicorn enthusiasts miss about the 2nd Amendment isn’t just the bit where the regular people can have guns to fight tyranny, but everybody in the military swears an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States from enemies foreign, and DOMESTIC. So, how do you think members of the US military (who again, are overwhelmingly not progressive statist gun control enthusiasts) are going to react when given the order to go blow up American citizens because they are not complying with a law that violates the US Constitution?

Not to mention that most of the US military’s bases are in red states, where people live next door to, and barbeque with, and go to church with the people you expect them to go slaughter for your utopian vision. And on that note, all those big scary super weapons you keep citing that the “milita” would be helpless against? Yeah. They are parked and maintained at places like Cannon or Hill, where nothing but a chain link fence separates them from the neighborhoods of the people you expect to massacre with impunity. Except wait… They don’t need to climb the fence, because we already WORK THERE. And the people who took an oath to defend the Constitution who fly those things are more than likely to tell you to shove it, right before they frag their one general officer dumb enough to order them to bomb their home towns.

The Civil War was a giant bloody mess, and that was with geographic boundaries and causes worth fighting for. This is a cause that only people who haven’t really thought it through, wishful thinkers, and control freaks buy into, with no front line, no safe areas, no secure supply train, and the enemy controls the territory that produces all the food and energy.

Your MOST secure areas are the ones that melt down into violent riots when your over militarized police forces get caught on video doing something questionably violent.
    All the “insurgents” would have to do is shut off the electricity for a few days and most of your side’s backing would evaporate. Oh, but you’ve got places like Berkley in your camp. I’m sure they would be willing to tough out another Civil War. Look out Fort Hood! This is going to get rough!

A single US red state has more territory and can produce ten times as many insurgents as one of the greatest military coalitions in history fought for a decade in Iraq.
    Only ours will have a clue, and know how to fight better.

But, but, but feels! Drones! Drones are magic! You feel SO HARD. Because of hypothetical problems that may happen in the future, your imaginary army is willing to kill millions and destroy the whole country, because FEELINGS.

Brilliant. Tell us more about how smoothly this gun confiscation will go, Von Clauswitz!"

Good on you for posting this Eli. I don't mean to try to steal your thunder here, but I've been saying this for years. Well sort of. My question to people who are scared poohless of this happening is this; who is this army that's going to come take our guns made up of? Hell our kids, our nephews and nieces, our neighbors kids, and a lot of those in the army are conservatives like ourselves that don't buy in to the present administration's ideas of change.

Another point you hit on, that oath to the constitution. That oath our military takes is not to Obama, is not to any public official, it is only to defend the CONSTITUTION of the United States of America.

There is a movement which you no doubt have heard of, Oath Keepers. And they ask law enforcement and ex military to retake that oath emphasizing that point, that this oath is not to any public official but to defend our Constitution.

When I bring all this up to people they have a hundred reasons why this won't save us. But I say it will. I was with a group of friends who belong to an organization i belong to and we were going to a meeting in another town. They were discussing martial law and the drones other aspects of a coup in this country would bring us to our knees. I asked them who our army was made up of? and they had no answer and so I told them I didn't think that would work too well. Of course nobody wants to admit they're wrong, so they just changed the subject. Also, who is on Obama's side? Libtards. Libtards have mostly disarmed themselves. So we would have all the guns. I don't doubt that Obama would try something like this if he thought he could pull it off, but I'm pretty sure he's not that clueless.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    We are rapidly approaching a tipping point where ordinary citizens will have a bellyful of all the bureaucrats, politicians, and lacy-drawered bedwetters, and will take matters into their own hands. The betrayal of the general citizenry by the Supreme Stupid recently has probably done more to destroy what little faith remained in our institutions than all the political maneuvering up until that point.

Frederic Douglass was an escaped slave who said it best- - - -something to the effect that "Freedom resides in three boxes- - - -The ballot box, the jury box, and the bullet box". Two of the three have been compromised- - - -what's left?
    Jerry
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    What's funny Jerry, when I was reading Correia's post the first thing that I thought of was "Yeah, I can just see someone ordering "Gun-Ho" to go door to door, confiscating weapons."

:roll2:

Let's just see how well that works out!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, the guy issuing the orders better be on the telephone, in the interest of his own survival!
    :guns:
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,105 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Yep, the guy issuing the orders better be on the telephone, in the interest of his own survival!
    :guns:
    Jerry

Telephone orders from a sealed nuclear safe bunker. Grenades go right through glass windows.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    As long as "Socially Liberal " Firearms enthusiasts have "Issues" that are more important to them than 2A/RTKBA our ability to have "Private" firearms ownership will be eroded , get used to California, New York, Oregon, Washington State,Maryland, Massachusetts,Illinois,Hawaii,New Jersey... Style firearms restrictions because they are coming to a state near you...
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,236 Senior Member
    Dreaming......many LEO's will follow orders and you are all kidding yourself if you don't think "Coup" personalities don't exist in the military. Not a nation ever that didn't have military leaders willing to support tyranny. They exist here as well.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,505 Senior Member
    Is there some sarcasm here?
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Dreaming......many LEO's will follow orders and you are all kidding yourself if you don't think "Coup" personalities don't exist in the military. Not a nation ever that didn't have military leaders willing to support tyranny. They exist here as well.....

FYI: I spoke to many LEOs on this topic, they all admitted to having gun owning relatives, or trying to convince relatives to own guns for defensive porpoises, so do you think those LEOs even Anti Gun LEOs will enforce those laws on their relatives?
    How long do you think those LEOs remain Anti Gun ? even in Anti Gun NY, there are few reasons to be Anti Gun, especially in LE...

And one day they open the wrong desk drawer, and Ka- BOOOOM!!
    Another tyrant is turned into a huge load of poop....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996