Home Main Category Clubhouse

In Virginia

rberglofrberglof Senior MemberPosts: 2,728 Senior Member
We have been in Virginia for a week now and will be here for another week.
Spent 2 days at Gettysburg, a bus tour of Dc, and also did a tour of the Grand Cavern.

Wife with the President.
IMG_5077_zpszkgcclh7.jpg

IMG_4809_zpsz3so1e3a.jpg

IMG_5210_zpsd5dcfbmy.jpg

IMG_5162_zps2wvfor14.jpg

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    :tooth:
    rberglof wrote: »
    We have been in Virginia for a week now and will be here for another week.
    Spent 2 days at Gettysburg, a bus tour of Dc, and also did a tour of the Grand Cavern.

Wife with the President.
    IMG_5077_zpszkgcclh7.jpg

It's a beautiful place packed with historic places. I loved my week there back in 2008. I also loved Boston. Just ignore the libtards,
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,381 Senior Member
    By any chance did you go through the battlefield at night? It is more than spooky. I talked with the Pez also while there
    9617afea4e1c7c9acd4726b9de9a29c8.jpg
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,728 Senior Member
    Snake have not had any problem with libtards so far and in fact have found people to be very nice.

Diver we were at the battlefield in the day time.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 848 Senior Member
    Welcome to the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Let us know if you need anything. The Virginia Contingency tries to take care of our visitors. We're not quite as friendly as the Tennessee Contingency in hosting visitors. But we try.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Mrs. Bisley and I went several years ago and stayed in DC. We had a great time - saw all the monuments and about half of the Smithsonian, witnessed the changing of the guard at Arlington, rode the Metro everywhere and talked to some nice people. It's a cool place if you are at all interested in history. If you go to your House representative's office, one of his pages will probably give you a free guided tour of the Capitol Building, complete with a ride on the private subway that Congressman use. It's much more interesting than you might expect.
    A few other hints:

If you're going to stick around for the fireworks, the various bridges across the Potomac (key bridge is a good one) or parks on the VA side of the river are good spots that will help avoid the massive crowds.

One of my favorite spots in the city is Teddy Rosevelt island. It's an easy walk from the Rosslyn Metro stop.

Thank you Alpha we are going to be in Piscataway New Jersey the last three days we are here and will be there on the 4th. We fly out of Regan on the 6th.
    We went to the air and space museum at the Smithsonian.
    We went to Luray caverns today and ended up spending our day there. They have nice car and carriage museum along with the Luray museum, they also have a maze that we went through in a down pour.
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,207 Senior Member
    Dadburn it! Wish I had known you were coming! I could'a maybe arranged an evening get together
    with Alpha, Larry Larson, Harry Kidder and myself. Phoooey! Glad you had a good time, though.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."