Home Main Category Personal Defense

Cars, a dangerous weapon

2»

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I apologize for that, all I can do is not repeat the same mistakes.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Where does personality come into play simply crossing the street as quickly and as safely as anyone can?
    I am not doing anything but cross the street, no gestures or gang signs or strange clothing etc..
    However, perhaps you do that sort of thing, hence why you bring it up.

Just trying to figure out why vehicles are attacking you. Is your name Finchley by any chance?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    The area I live in, Portland Oregon, MLK Blvd, folks here are really resentful, and they show it by driving up on those folks.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Some of y'all are wound too tight. In Florida, pedestrians in a crosswalk have the right of way and living in a tourist area, I get to see that exercised frequently. Most of my jobs are along the beach and there's a steady stream of sunburnt tourist families toting their chairs, toys, and coolers back and forth accross the street in front of you and you just learn to live with it.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    The area I live in, Portland Oregon, MLK Blvd, folks here are really resentful, and they show it by driving up on those folks.

Did you ever consider living in an area where people don't resent you?
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Did you ever consider living in an area where people don't resent you?

And just where would that be pray tell? Fergesson for example ? Right now there are very few areas where racial tension is not an issue, fanned by liberals when the coals of anger are in danger of winking out, the race baiters on both sides do not want racial harmony.
    Now, if you wish to help me relocate, Christian or non Christian charity will be greatfully accepted.
    And just where would that be pray tell? Fergesson for example ? Right now there are very few areas where racial tension is not an issue, fanned by liberals when the coals of anger are in danger of winking out, the race baiters on both sides do not want racial harmony.
    Now, if you wish to help me relocate, Christian or non Christian charity will be greatfully accepted.

For someone who claims to be so well traveled, your world is pretty small. Most of the "racial tension" is concentrated in areas of higher population density and this country is full of small towns where people go on about their business and don't worry about it.
    Claims ? what do you mean by that exactly ? do you need to see my expired passports / visa stamps ? Or read statements from family members all over the World?
    It is hard to find a place in America, where there is no tension between law enforcement and citizenry during routine encounters, ranging from pleasant at best to tense at worst, many expecting brutal treatment at the hands of the Police.

I served as a LEO in the Dominican Republic, so I may know a few things from a rather unique perspective.
    Claims ? what do you mean by that exactly ? do you need to see my many expired passports / visa stamps ? Or read statements from family members all over the World?
    It is hard to find a place in America, where there is no tension between law enforcement and citizenry during routine encounters, ranging from pleasant at best to tense at worst, many expecting brutal treatment at the hands of the Police.

I served as a LEO in the Dominican Republic, so I may know a few things from a rather unique perspective.

I never considered the Dominican Republic as a template for how the average society functions. Are you full of anger, or alcohol, or both?
    I never considered the Dominican Republic as a template for how the average society functions. Are you full of anger, or alcohol, or both?

Not at all, I am not full of anger, alcohol or excrement, are you ? Most people that ask such questions usually have those problems, as folks used to tell me, a thief always think everyone is a thief.

No matter, if the Dominican Republic does not qualify, I have family throughout Europe, one of those countries should fit your criteria.

Care to elaborate as to why you feel the Dominican Republic does not qualify as normal society ?

Didn't Scott and Shelly try this about 10 years ago that didn't go very well If I remember correctly.
    Care to elaborate as to why you feel the Dominican Republic does not qualify as normal society ?

You do refer to it as banana land.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,559 Senior Member
    They sell these at the store.

E91EBFCA-8D6A-4280-BC08-D1115F9012C4_zpsmlxsffhq.jpg

You know........ For whoever MIGHT need some. Just say'n. Or.......suggesting. In case.

:driving::tooth:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    I'm used to it from teenagers of all colors.

What pisses me off are the Walmartians. Try to get through the hash-marked area in front of the Walmart entrance without having to slam on the brakes. Old ladies will practically jump out in front of you, just so that they can glare at you and shake their heads, or the 400lb. 'ladies' in spandex who hog the electric carts so the blue-haired old ladies can't get them. They will zip out the door and butt you in the side, if you aren't careful.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    ...What pisses me off are the Walmartians.....

Retirement brings new challenges.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well just quit walking around crossing streets strutting yer in your face "White Privilege", especially on streets named MLK :jester: :tooth: :roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    There's no way there could be a racist attack on you!!! Everyone knows that Whites are the only ones with the genetic wherewithal to form a racist thought!!! Just look how many prosecutions there are for crimes against whites!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
    I found a streetcam video of someone crossing a street in Portland.:tooth:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umtKrDjSv0M
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    I found a streetcam video of someone crossing a street in Portland.:tooth:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umtKrDjSv0M

That should become mandatory!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Most here missed the point of the OP, I was NOT referring to rotten pedestrians playing tricks or other bloody rot, only to someone in my hopefully temporarily gimpy condition that is only trying to safely cross the street in accordance with all applicable laws, and waiting to make sure no cars are visible in both directions.

My complaint is that in spite of how careful I am, cars either make turns so I don't see them, or they are racing at enormous speeds, some of these encounters have clearly been racist in nature.

I'm rarely a pedestrian these days but I agree --- motorists are generally blind to other things happening, as they're probably on the phone or texting. If they totally are clueless about other vehicles, pedestrians have zero chance. You're right that they turn (usually without signalling or looking for anything in their way, cut close to curbs where you're standing, the whole magilla.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Well just quit walking around crossing streets strutting yer in your face "White Privilege", especially on streets named MLK :jester: :tooth: :roll2::roll2:

I remember a black comedian being asked, part of his routine, what he'd do if he found himself on a MLK boulevard. "Run fast!" he said.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I remember a black comedian being asked, part of his routine, what he'd do if he found himself on a MLK boulevard. "Run fast!" he said.

Chris Rock said if you are white and stop on a street named MLK to use an ATM, you are just asking to get your ass robbed! :roll2::roll2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Chris Rock said if you are white and stop on a street named MLK to use an ATM, you are just asking to get your ass robbed! :roll2::roll2:

That MLK guy certainly was an industrious worker...............When I did the big drive from Colorado to the SE a few years back, every second street was built by him...........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Not a bad gig for a rabble rousing "preacher" with a stable of young groupies- - - - -travel around the country stirring the pot! I often wonder if he would be as irrelevant as "Rev. Jesse Jackson" is today if he hadn't gotten shot? He was in Memphis supporting a garbage haulers' strike, so the bloom on his rose was already fading a little! His family has turned his "martyrdom" into a lucrative cottage industry- - -none of them has worked a lick in the past 40 years!
    Jerry