Home Main Category General Firearms

anyone ever use the new I MR powders?

sarg1csarg1c Senior MemberPosts: 1,707 Senior Member
Have any of you guys use the new I MR powders? I bought some Enduron 4166 yesterday to load .223 and .308 with and was wondering if it was as good as advertised.. I won't be doing any max loads,just normal.

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    sarg1c wrote: »
    Have any of you guys use the new I MR powders? I bought some Enduron 4166 yesterday to load .223 and .308 with and was wondering if it was as good as advertised.. I won't be doing any max loads,just normal.

I bought some 4166 Enduron and so far I've only tried it in my AR15 SPR for 77gr Nosler CC loads. It shot on par with Varget, which it was designed to closely replicate. My ES and SD was slightly higher with 4166 vs Varget, but 4166 was not specifically intended for .223 type cases. It's wheelhouse is the .308 size cases.

I'm not currently working up loads for my FN PBR, but when I do I will be trying the 4166 and I'll post the results here as I always do.

PS: use a tall powder drop tube and slow pour. It filled little cases fast.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    There are a few new(er) powders out there I plan on trying out. From what I've read on here for the most part their claims of reducing copper fouling, lowering pressures in some cases, better metering and the about the same or even better accuracy are on the money.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Saw some at the store, to pricey. More than CFE
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician