Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

When Will We Take Down These Monuments Of Slavery

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
[IMG][/img]IMG_0172_zpsat76wnpx.jpg
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Don't worry ISIS will get around to it if we let 'em. :deadhorse: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Not a dead horse yet concerning the monuments. The calls and debates have only started and some wanting Confederate Heroes remains exhumed and relocated.

I was thinking the same thing about ISIS destroying things, but slavery isn't a reason for them to tear down a monument, since they practice it. Just anything, everything and everybody they don't agree with, they want to erase.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    The 4Th Dynasty cemetery at Giza was not built with slave labor.
    horselips wrote: »

Naw, they were constructed with the help of Aliens, I saw that on the "History" Channel!

I read up on that and you are right, sorta.

That is the new way of thinking based on archeological finds of adjacent living quarters where they think the artisans/tradesmen/craftsmen were housed while working on the pyramids.

They also said there were "Servants" living there and there is a fine line between what a slave and servant was defined as by their culture back then. Also they had some rights unheard of in other regions back then.

Fact is slaves were used by the Egyptians throughout their lands in farms, in the fields and especially in the copper mines where many died. Do I think none were used in the construction of the pyramids themselves, nope I think they were, especially in the more menial jobs and the movement of the huge stones to the build sites. Surely throughout their society and practically everywhere else in the world back then.

One thing is for sure, I doubt if any slaves were used in the construction of any Confederate Civil War Heroes monuments some want removed, do you horselips? :devil:
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]IMG_0172_zpsat76wnpx.jpg

Some country's don't give a damn about politically correct bull crap.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,351 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Some country's don't give a damn about politically correct bull crap.

Sensible people usually don't.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Horselips, this is from the horses mouth, so to speak. A pic of a drawing from a pyramid or tomb depicting how wet sand was used to move the huge stones/statues with slaves doing the work. To assume slaves were not used in some form is an understatement.

Scientists Discovered The Secret To How Ancient Egyptians Moved The Giant Pyramid Stones
    Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/657/Scientists-Discovered-The-Secret-To-How-Ancient-Egyptians-Moved-The-Giant-Pyramid-Stones#pcMixBuzyPrRIXYK.99

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/657/Scientists-Discovered-The-Secret-To-How-Ancient-Egyptians-Moved-The-Giant-Pyramid-Stones

"These experiments served to confirm what the Egyptians clearly already knew, and what we probably already should have. Artwork within the tomb of Djehutihotep, which was discovered in the Victorian Era, depicts a scene of slaves hauling a colossal statue of the Middle Kingdom ruler and in it, a guy at the front of the sled is shown pouring liquid into the sand. You can see it in the image above.
    Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/657/Scientists-Discovered-The-Secret-To-How-Ancient-Egyptians-Moved-The-Giant-Pyramid-Stones#pcMixBuzyPrRIXYK.99"

[IMG][/img]slavespicpy_zpshizrjlps.jpg
    Big Chief wrote: »
    One thing is for sure, I doubt if any slaves were used in the construction of any Confederate Civil War Heroes monuments some want removed, do you horselips? :devil:

Actually, the Confederate Civil War Heroes monuments were built with the aid of ancient aliens. I spoke with George Noory and Giorgio Tsoukalos who had just confirmed this with the Grays.
    Regarding slavery in time of Egypt's history referred to as the Old Kingdom (1st-4th Dynasties), from the Encyclopedia Britannica:

"Slavery was never common, being restricted to captives and foreigners or to people who were forced by poverty or debt to sell themselves into service. Slaves sometimes even married members of their owners’ families, so that in the long term those belonging to households tended to be assimilated into free society. "

Slavery was much more common in the Middle and New Kingdoms, and after, right through to the end of the Ptolemaic Era.
    Actually, the Confederate Civil War Heroes monuments were built with the aid of ancient aliens. I spoke with George Noory and Giorgio Tsoukalos who had just confirmed this with the Grays.

Grays................and the South Wore Gray..............makes sense now!

Actually a lot of what were we taught, what was believed and read and what was depicted in the movies about Egypt and the Pyramids was wrong or very misunderstood. I learnt mo than I wanted to looking up who and how they built the Pyramids and it was NOT as I imagined and saw in the movies with 10,000 sweating slaves being whupped and crushed as they tugged on thick ropes trying to pull a massive boulder.

Also, the onsite living arrangements were interesting and reading how the actual construction was primarily not by slave labor either or not as much as one would thunk.

Thank you for pointing that out. Now that's my story and I'm sticking to it, well until they come along and change it again with "New Evidence".
    Sometimes I think if I had good sense, I'd stay the heck away from this Politics/2A section of the forum :conehead: :tooth:
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member

Correct and the other postings on this are also accurate.

The pyramids were religious artifacts and slave labor would desecrate them. Regular Egyptians donated a part of their year to working on the monuments so as to ensure their own immortality by created an immortal shrine for their rulers. Although they certainly worked like slaves, it was a "labor of love" and similar to required military service we see in countries like Israel.

As for the building process, it's been shown for years how it was done, and not via magic or aliens or anything. There's a common thought that ancient humans were somehow less intelligent that we are today. BS. Humans have been just as smart for about 50k years, likely 3x that.

Sitting all over the place in Egypt are older and much less sophisticated pyramids, including the "stepped" pyramid having that appearance because they tried to build it too steep and the brickwork fell. The newer designs were more sloping. But there are lots of smaller and rougher-bulit pyramids around, so the design was a work in progress, culminating in the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx, it now "slouching to Jerusalem to be born".
    But slaves were used in Egypt if not so much in the direct construction (see painting above, slaves used to move materials) and a Pyramid is a SYMBOL of a society that condoned slavery, then like the Confederate flag they should be removed, right? Some may find the Pyramids offensive and a sign of oppression.