Rossi M92 - .45 Colt w/ 24" Octagonal Barrel..........Thoughts?

Replies

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,327 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »

:evilgrin:

That's what I like to see.. :tooth:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »

You have failed to adequately convince me with your Jedi Mind Tricks.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Fail.
    Well, I handled a couple Rossi Rifles at my LGS. A 16" blued one in .357 Mag and a 20" stainless in .45 Colt.

Right handy little rifles! The metal to metal finish was a little rugged, though the action was stupid smooth and the trigger better than my Winchester by FAR!!!! Metal to wood finish was nice enough.

Seriously, the triggers were wicked sweet for a lever action. A 24" octagon barrel......would be.....nice.

I'm staring to cave............
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    Oh just get it over with....you know you want it :devil:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    That's ok, it's only your son. I'm sure he wouldn't want to build a rifle with dad anyway.

Now you're just mean.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,684 Senior Member
    How far was the shot? What gun? I don't remember.

65 yards, suppressed NEF single shot.

Course, it was a headshot, so it could have been a lead solid and still dropped it in it's tracks.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Fail.

Do it for the chickens! The metal chickens at 300 yards! Do it!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    65 yards, suppressed NEF single shot.

Course, it was a headshot, so it could have been a lead solid and still dropped it in it's tracks.

What kinda science we spos'd ta gain from a HEAD SHOT?!? A ROCK to the head will kill stuff. We need science!!! Like......bullets through lungs/heart/liver/spleen science!!

;-)
    No, no, just honest. Just talking to the guy that could kill 15-20 (at least) deer or pigs, each with a different gun, never firing the same one twice. He could get something his son could be proud of. Tell all the kids at school about. Be the cool kid with a sweet rifle his dad helped him build. Or, he could be the geeky kid that no one likes because he doesn't have his own rifle. All the cool kids will point and laugh at him. "Check out Z Jr! He's a dork!"

Z Jr. already has access to better guns than anyone else at school. I'm bet'n.
    True. But they are not his.
    Dude, just agree with me and buy it.

You're too bold in your efforts. You know me. I'll refuse in spite. Just cause.

Gotta be more subtle. Maybe even use reverse psychology.

Ha!
    I used to hypnotize chickens, perhaps that technique may work...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,573 Senior Member
    You're too bold in your efforts. You know me. I'll refuse in spite. Just cause.

Ha!

Who cares if Zee Jr gets made fun of? Dad has lots of kool guns and not one for Jr to call his own.
    The little girl girl in school got her own pink gun, Zee Jr started to make fun of it being pink, and she stuck her tongue out and said its all mine I dont have to share my Dads. Poor little Zee Jr thought to himself: Just wait to you see the gun me and my Dad put together JUST FOR ME.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,979 Senior Member
    Yea, like that really works with you...

Ha!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Who cares if Zee Jr gets made fun of? Dad has lots of kool guns and not one for Jr to call his own.
    The little girl girl in school got her own pink gun, Zee Jr started to make fun of it being pink, and she stuck her tongue out and said its all mine I dont have to share my Dads. Poor little Zee Jr thought to himself: Just wait to you see the gun me and my Dad put together JUST FOR ME.

It sure ain't gonna be a Ruger American!!!

:-)
    Yea, like that really works with you...

It could happen. Maybe.

If nothing else, it's fun watching them try.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,573 Senior Member
    OKAY, but to put it simply, your little guy has been taught well. He shoots as well as many on here and better than some, and we are all arguably adults. You posted about it so we have proof. The little dude DESERVES his own rifle.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,684 Senior Member
    What kinda science we spos'd ta gain from a HEAD SHOT?!? A ROCK to the head will kill stuff. We need science!!! Like......bullets through lungs/heart/liver/spleen science!!

;-)

Uh.. I'm not doing it for science. I'm doing it to put meat in the freezer. And I hate tracking
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Uh.. I'm not doing it for science. I'm doing it to put meat in the freezer. And I hate tracking

But........but.......but............science!!!!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Well, I handled a couple Rossi Rifles at my LGS. A 16" blued one in .357 Mag and a 20" stainless in .45 Colt.

Right handy little rifles! The metal to metal finish was a little rugged, though the action was stupid smooth and the trigger better than my Winchester by FAR!!!! Metal to wood finish was nice enough.

Seriously, the triggers were wicked sweet for a lever action. A 24" octagon barrel......would be.....nice.

I'm staring to cave............

Any crave for the .357 variety?
    Any crave for the .357 variety?

I did consider it for a moment. But, I already have several guns in the .35 cal flavor with a few .357 Mag and a .35 Rem handgun as well as .358 Win and .35 Whelen rifles.

Hunting capable in the .45 cal arena, I only have a .458 WM for rifle with a Colt and a couple Casull handguns. So, I think I need another rifle in .45 cal.
    Dude, he meloned a deer with a .45 colt single shot rifle. Hello? Cool factor?

Ok, cool shot........done.

Now.......science.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Ok, cool shot........done.

Now.......science.

Then I guess it up to you.

Speaking of science what could be cooler than a rabbit biopsy with Dad? Especially when you shot said rabbit with your very rifle.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Then I guess it up to you.

this........subtle and effective enabling

Speaking of science what could be cooler than a rabbit biopsy with Dad? Especially when you shot said rabbit with your very rifle.

this..........not so much

:-)
    It's a really kool rifle for that boy, I say get one..
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    It's a really kool rifle for that boy, I say get one..

C41B6598-6E39-45BE-8221-D58CA217D2DE_zps8fpnkynp.gif
    Think back, was I ever anything but friendly / respectful to You in other posts?
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Think back, was I ever anything but friendly / respectful to You in other posts?

Thought the same. Though I am gruff at times and speak plain.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,714 Senior Member
    I did consider it for a moment. But, I already have several guns in the .35 cal flavor with a few .357 Mag and a .35 Rem handgun as well as .358 Win and .35 Whelen rifles.

Hunting capable in the .45 cal arena, I only have a .458 WM for rifle with a Colt and a couple Casull handguns. So, I think I need another rifle in .45 cal.

I thought you were the guy that first said Need has nothing to do with it...............

Besides, Wambli is going to get one............I mean, after he thins the collection a bit more.............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Thought the same. Though I am gruff at times and speak plain.

Then no harm done...