Home Main Category Clubhouse

All is not well with the forum this morning!

shushshush Senior MemberPosts: 6,259 Senior Member
This with my morning tea is not good.

Hybrid View
Big Chief Hoax hits Baltimore Sun , I... 06-26-2015, 05:15 PM
samzhere Re: Hoax hits Baltimore Sun ,... 06-26-2015, 05:59 PM
104RFAST Re: Hoax hits Baltimore Sun ,... Yesterday, 05:25 PM
alphasigmookie It is thinking like that that... 06-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Teach Re: Hoax hits Baltimore Sun ,... 06-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Fat Billy Re: Hoax hits Baltimore Sun ,... 06-27-2015, 12:00 AM
Big Chief Re: Hoax hits Baltimore Sun ,... Yesterday, 01:55 PM
More replies below current depth...
Buford Once they are Americans they... Yesterday, 07:44 PM

Hybrid View
tennmike 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 03:23 AM
knitepoet Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 03:41 AM
samzhere Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Buford Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 03:53 AM
knitepoet Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 03:55 AM
tennmike Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 04:04 AM
LMLarsen Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Buford Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Fat Billy Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 12:55 PM
timc Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 01:10 PM
shush Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 04:59 PM
shotgunshooter3 I will be carrying on life as... 06-27-2015, 04:53 PM
alphasigmookie Yeah this. living in DC... 06-27-2015, 06:30 PM
shush Re: 4th of July Holiday 06-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Big Chief Re: 4th of July Holiday Yesterday, 12:27 PM
knitepoet Re: 4th of July Holiday Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Teach Re: 4th of July Holiday Today, 12:46 AM
alphasigmookie Yes, I'm aware of two... Today, 01:26 AM
KSU Firefighter Re: 4th of July Holiday Today, 01:36 AM
BigDanS Re: 4th of July Holiday Today, 01:42 AM

Hybrid View
Zee Rossi M92 - .45 Colt w/ 24"... Today, 04:43 AM
DoctorWho Re: Rossi M92 - .45 Colt w/... Today, 05:42 AM

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo
Started by terminator012, 06-12-2013 04:35 AM

Blank page.

:uhm: :conehead:

PS.

Hybrid View
shush All is not well with the... Today, 06:13 AM

Was it something I said? :whip2:

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Yes, it was...Sad but true...you sank the World by opening your pie hole, how does it feel? Is it real? sad but true, you are the man that sank the World....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Left laptop to suppurate and went off.....................................Fester

To:

Secured myself from financial ruin for the week....................... Sent the wife off to earn a crust

Watered the bottom square rod.............................................Watering can and hose, beds, borders and pots.

Here Ye, Here Ye!.... summer is here.

Checked on the livestock........................................................The dog is still moving about.....just, she is on her last, our Jessica.

Back to laptop, all is super, the fairies have been..................... The fairies have been.

New clothes washing machine just arrived, old one died after 20+ years.

On my oath, there is no mangle..........................................Wringer

Tis a wondrous thing to behold...........................................See.

PS.

Big Chief wrote: »
    OK translate that fer us, something is lost in our translation here in the Colonies!

The italics are for you, Big Chief, bless. :tooth:
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Dude, what the hell are you talking about???
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    First have you had your coffee?

Second, what part are you not sure about, Lucille?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

And The House of the Rising Sun. :cool2:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »

Now THAT is a song with which to start the day! :up:
    Carry on, Shush; you've started in grand fashion. (Don't tell them more about the hybrid view, I don't think they know about it and may not be able to take the strain! :roll2:)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    It's hard getting on up in age.....every bit of this has gone over my head. I just don't understand any of it!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,194 Senior Member
    It's hard getting on up in age.....every bit of this has gone over my head. I just don't understand any of it!

That's OK - I don't understand a word of it either! I'm like "Huh?"!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Funny, I get it, does not say much for me in any case.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    It's hard to read posts of "Socially Liberal" Firearm Forum/board posters who not only plan on voting Democrat but who also have no qualms about voting for Hitlery ...
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    It's hard to read posts of "Socially Liberal" Firearm Forum/board posters whoi not only plan on voting Democrat but who also have no qualms about voting for Hitlery ...

??? Shush is a Brit, they can have hiliary but they have enough of their own problems. Like being understood for one.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member

When did we get to New Orleans??? Oh well Third Base!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,953 Senior Member
    Actually, the chair is not on the Elks head as much as having it trapped about the Elks neck, curiosity trapped the Elk, however satisfaction did not bring it back !!
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,953 Senior Member
    Yeah, pretty much thought the same. Usually whip this out in instances like this, but thought the elk was a better fit for the forum... :jester:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=17290195
    Shush, it is quite possible that the Large Hadron Collider In Switzerland and France (it's a big honkin' machine) was running some experiments early this morning while you were online. And if that is so, then some of the baryons protons and neutrons, mesons, and Higgs boson particles escaped and zapped your computer temporarily through a quantum black hole time warp formed in the Large Hadron Collider. Luckily for us all, the quantum black holes are thought to just evaporate after a very short time period instead of hanging around and eating us out of house and home! :silly: :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
    It's hard to read

I know it can be but you must keep trying, with your writing also.

I think you are doing awfully well for a non-English speaker.

It's hard to read posts of "Socially Liberal" Firearm Forum/board posters whoi not only plan on voting Democrat

Are you clairvoyant?

That is sooo me, my rainbow friend.
    who also have no qualms about voting for Hitlery ...

Correct, I have no qualms at all.

States person Mrs Hillary Rodham Clinton will get all the support I am able to muster.

The woman is a saint.
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    ??? Shush is a Brit........

I AM?............. that explains a few things.

Is it ok to put the battle flag of the Army of Tennessee back in the top bedroom window, again?

tennmike wrote: »
    Shush,................ Luckily for us all, the quantum black holes are thought to just evaporate after a very short time period instead of hanging around and eating us out of house and home! :silly: :tooth:

Not this one;
    Is it ok to put the battle flag of the Army of Tennessee back in the top bedroom window, again?

Absolutely! Tis a grand old flag with much history in it's short life as a battle flag. Brave men and true fought with that flag as their standard.

Not this one;

Don't know if you're a fan of Warner Brothers cartoons about the Roadrunner and the Coyote. Anyway, the Coyote bought a bunch of holes like that from the ACME Corp. He had mixed luck with the lot of them. Poor ol' Coyote couldn't catch a break, it seems. :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • USUFBUSUFB Senior Member Posts: 830 Senior Member
    I know it can be but you must keep trying, with your writing also.

I think you are doing awfully well for a non-English speaker.

Oh snap.
    Sometimes, I lie awake in bed at night wondering "Why the heck can't I fall asleep?"
    NRA Life Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Don't know if you're a fan of Warner Brothers cartoons about the Roadrunner and the Coyote.........Very much

Anyway, the Coyote bought a bunch of holes like that from the ACME Corp. He had mixed luck with the lot of them. Poor ol' Coyote couldn't catch a break, it seems. :tooth:

poor-wile-e-coyote-always-remembered-for-his-fails-rather-than-ingenuity_o_2780079.jpg
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,867 Senior Member
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    :popcorn:

Is that all retired marines do, eat popcorn and ruin perfectly good guns?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Is that all retired marines do, eat popcorn and ruin perfectly good guns?
    NN wrote: »
    Yeah, organic alright
    binjo ditch fertilized.

Non-organic popcorn, please.
    No, we buy silly ammo and shoot things with it, too, to tu, tew, 2.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,187 Senior Member
    Well, I coulda told you what had happened before it happened but it would have meant telling you tomorrow, what had had happened yesterday, so that you could have been prepared for today.

Maybe when it happens next time ( which would be the last time for me) you could send me an IM yesterday Shush, in which case I could respond and explain it to you today, so that you understand tomorrow ,today...............or vice versa...........

In any event, what happened now forms part of yesterday ( for me) and today for you guys........which means that it is now part of history....or in Shushes case, part of his story...........unless Shush does a 'Bruce ' and changes sex in which case it would be part of herstory .........

But............ because of the vagaries of the English language, you cant use 'Herstory' to describe things that have happened cos it is traditional to blame men for all that has preceded this point in time.....................so we are stuck with the word 'History'........which, under the 'Equality of women movement' is never going to be argued against cos women don't want to share the blame for everything that has 'gone before'.

( Ask any married guy about the last point......I am sure they can give some interesting insights on that topic )
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I'm accustomed to thread drift, but in this case, the thread had already come loose from its tenuous moorings soon as it was docked and is now far asea and taking on water.

Meaning: I had no idea whatsoever what Shush was posting about from the beginning, and I'm apparently not alone in this estimation. Can anyone explain, in real words in real English, what Shush was talking about? (no pichers, no emoticons, just words, please). And thanks.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,194 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I'm accustomed to thread drift, but in this case, the thread had already come loose from its tenuous moorings soon as it was docked and is now far asea and taking on water.

Meaning: I had no idea whatsoever what Shush was posting about from the beginning, and I'm apparently not alone in this estimation. Can anyone explain, in real words in real English, what Shush was talking about? (no pichers, no emoticons, just words, please). And thanks.
    That makes two of us, I haven't a clue either! "Taking on water"? That's like saying the Titanic had minor damage from the iceberg!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    This thread is still loading funky; the rest of the forum is loading normal.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    That makes two of us, I haven't a clue either! "Taking on water"? That's like saying the Titanic had minor damage from the iceberg!

Best I can figger, shush did some sort of scan on forum topics but I don't know the rest of the stuff -- why is that scan maybe disingenuous, or whatever? Dunno.