Home Main Category Clubhouse

Well..... that was easy!

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,266 Senior Member
When we had our garage sale a couple weeks ago, a guy who flips houses asked if we were selling the house. We said we were and he gave us his card. Called him a couple days ago and after some back and forth we accepted. Really had to think about it because although it seems low compared to what the realtor said she could get, in the end we should be within $1000 of the net. Maybe even if it took more than a month to sell as we would have another mortgage payment....

Plus We don't have to clean/ repair/ or have showings. No stretching or cleaning carpet, no touching up paint, or cleaning up dog hair. Believe me, I could get up enough dog hair in this house to make another one........ Then do it again a month later.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,266 Senior Member
    He's ripping the carpets out. We could quit sweeping now...........

500px-Peanuts_-_Pigpen_Hoedown.png
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,062 Senior Member
    Awesome!! Realtors tell you one thing but...... They'll list it at what ever price you want to get your hopes up, then when it doesn't sell, drop the price until you loose your butt and they still make a good commission! They are at the top of my favorites list along with lawyers and used car salesmen!!
    You're money ahead!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    Awesome!! Realtors tell you one thing but...... They'll list it at what ever price you want to get your hopes up, then when it doesn't sell, drop the price until you loose your butt and they still make a good commission! They are at the top of my favorites list along with lawyers and used car salesmen!!
    You're money ahead!

I THINK we could have sold it quick at that price. I think a good home inspector would have nickel and dimed a grand or two out of us too.......
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    Congratulations on selling your house with little to no effort. That is worth way more than 1K all by itself!!
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Hope this way of selling works out well for you. Nothing like screwing a realtor out of a windfall they don't deserve! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Buyer is paying closing costs. Only unknown is real estate taxes. Should be cover by current escrow...... According to minimum wage person in bank call center
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Not ING with anything is worth 1000, EASY.

:agree::that:

Not having to deal with a Realtor, PRICELESS!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,862 Senior Member
    In PC now. Only found one place that will take the animals. So we are stuck with it. Wife likes it................ I'll deal.

Drove down from Atlanta thru Georgia and Alabama............ No banjo's were heard :buff:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    You should have dropped in for a quick coffee break- - - -Orchidman can tell you what Mary's favorite visitor-greeting tune is!
    :jester:
    Jerry
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,181 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    You should have dropped in for a quick coffee break- - - -Orchidman can tell you what Mary's favorite visitor-greeting tune is!
    :jester:
    Jerry

Yep............and in spite of the music, you will never want to leave! :worthy:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....