Home Main Category Clubhouse

Tragedy in D. C., a joke, son. It's a joke!

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior MemberPosts: 8,202 Senior Member
A trucker was hauling a back-hoe, bulldozer unit along a rural road near Washington D. C. He saw a car driven by an elderly man with a patch on one eye coming his way. Just as they met, the car swerved into his lane and they had a head on collision. He was OK, so he got out to check the other car. He saw that there was also an elderly woman in the passenger seat. He immediately recognized them as Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. He also determined that they had not survived the wreck.

He reasoned that these two had cost the tax payers enough, and decided to just go ahead to bury them there. He unloaded the back-hoe, dug a hole beside the road, and pushed the car, with them in it, into the hole. He then covered the hole, loaded his back-hoe, and limped his truck into the nearest town. Once there, he found the local sheriff and reported the accident.

The sheriff thanked him for the update, and asked if he was sure they were both dead. He replied "Nancy said I would have to bury her to find out, and Harry said he was alive. But you know how he lies."

And yes, I'm perfectly aware that this is simply a rehash of an old joke.
Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,653 Senior Member
    :roll2:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    He probably should have driven a wooden stake through Nancy's heart, and cremated Harry, just to be sure.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    He could have saved a lot of work if he had given them an enema- - - - -then they would have both fit into a shoebox!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Why bury them at all? Like Josey Wales said, "Buzzards got to eat same as worms".
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    I'm still waiting for him to tell about the tragedy........
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,202 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Why bury them at all? Like Josey Wales said, "Buzzards got to eat same as worms".

I suspect he just didn't want to take a chance that Harry was telling the truth for the first time in his life.
    Jerry

Teach wrote: »
    He could have saved a lot of work if he had given them an enema- - - - -then they would have both fit into a shoebox!
    Jerry

Really? Do you want to touch either one of them, much less stick something up their backside blow hole? Besides, just think of how likely it would be that some of it would get on you.
    Jerry

bisley wrote: »
    He probably should have driven a wooden stake through Nancy's heart, and cremated Harry, just to be sure.

Nancy has a heart?

Who knew?????
    Jerry

Did you miss the part about the guy's truck being damaged? Seems pretty tragic to me.
    Jerry

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,190 Senior Member

That would be the "It's a joke!" portion of the thread title...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba wrote: »
    That would be the "It's a joke!" portion of the thread title...

You guys are a tough audience. I don't mind explaining a joke, but I think this is the first one I've ever had to defend.

Now, run along and play with your dolls.
    Jerry

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    You guys are a tough audience. I don't mind explaining a joke, but I think this is the first one I've ever had to defend.

Now, run along and play with your dolls.

They shoot horses, don't they? :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,190 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    They shoot horses, don't they? :tooth:

They drown kittens too!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Did you miss the part about the guy's truck being damaged? Seems pretty tragic to me.

What kind of truck was it?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY