Home Main Category Hunting

Thinking of giving up my hunting leas after 25 years on the same lease

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I have a buddy that has 100 acres close by I can go pig hunting if I want and like I said before there are lots of places to do day/weekend hunts. Who knows maybe one of the deer in the back yard may fall down for some reason....[/QUOTE

Well hell sounds like you got it covered better than I thought. Good Luck. BTW, I know about wives that don't drink. Been married twice and neither one drank. That was a plus when I had to quit.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    You know, actually you're right. Well as for you and me you're right. Because I don't need to shoot a monster Buck either. A couple of does a year and a hog now and then is plenty of hunting for me. All the rest is just gravy.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Would you still have a place to shoot?

I still have several places to shoot so that is not an issue. There are 3 gun ranges within a short distance from me and as I said I have a friend with 100 acres should I need a place in the country to shoot.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,085 Senior Member
    If the wife is going camping there better be a hot tub and pool! Cable TV is also a must, she doesn't do hunting camp and she doesn't drink so that's out.

Without camping and drinking, I would not have any kids :tooth:
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    I still have several places to shoot so that is not an issue. There are 3 gun ranges within a short distance from me and as I said I have a friend with 100 acres should I need a place in the country to shoot.

I got a great Idea, I'll give my place up too and we can become hunting buddies. We can find us three or four places to shoot hogs and maybe a couple does a piece a year and neither one of us will have to hunt alone.
    v
    OH Hell, only problem with that is there'd be two crippled up ol guys and when we got in a bind they'd have to send out twice as many for our rescue to haul our two fat asses out!!!

:yikes:..........:buff2:..........:buff2..........popcorn:..........:rotflmao:
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Being single, the choice would be different if I was in your position.

I enjoy hunting alone. That doesn't mean that I don't like hunting with buddies cos I do, but being by myself allows me to send my mind to places it is difficult to go when others are present.

One day I will go hunting and not come home................and that is how it should be.

AMEN!!!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug