Home Main Category Personal Defense

Another idiot with a gun in Austin

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
I guess these guys will never learn, this one didn't get far either but one person was killed.
http://news.yahoo.com/police-kill-gunman-inside-posh-downtown-austin-hotel-202443341.html
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Sorry about the innocent person killed, but you do not work well trying to come up against Texas cops. Good riddance.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I guess these guys will never learn, this one didn't get far either but one person was killed.
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-kill-gunman-inside-posh-downtown-austin-hotel-202443341.html

The State Hospital is located in Austin, and the place has its share of Fruits and Nuts. It's had its share of shootings for a Southern City.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Sorry about the innocent person killed, but you do not work well trying to come up against Texas cops. Good riddance.

How true how true and these idiots don't learn.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Gotta admit our law enforcement is doing well, we have had 5 gunmen out for blood in the last few months and only one innocent killed. All gunmen were killed, IMHO the cops are doing a good job!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,241 Senior Member
    Heard about that when I got home this morning. That is like 1-2 blocks from APD headquarters. Talk about picking a place that will have cops all over it in record time!

As much as I talk bad about the APD brass (especially the chief), the rank and file are good guys, and great cops. Too bad they are lead by people that are hired by the aging hippies that run the city council.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Texas cops do pretty well because they are allowed to engage, without having to call the attorney general to get permission. It's probably not the case everywhere, or in every instance, but they are definitely having a good run, lately.
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    Another "When Liberals Attack" or "When Muslims Attack" incident ?
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    That's already been posted.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 8,183 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Texas cops do pretty well because they
    seem to get a lot of practice. What is wrong with you people down there?
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Buford wrote: »
    That's already been posted.

So what ? I didn't make a thread of it, just commented on it...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    seem to get a lot of practice. What is wrong with you people down there?

I guess we just don't like A-holes.
  • KSDeputyKSDeputy Member Posts: 55 Member
    Sounds as if TX peace officers, as usual, are doing well. God Bless TX, wish I was back there. I grew up in Dallas, when Dad retired we moved to east TX. I never should have left. I still have a brother in Houston.
    I guess we just don't like A-holes.
    Then why do you have so many?

Big state. We are the size of 4-5 states, with 3 of the top 10 sized cities in the US. That would be like comparing Texas to PA/NY/NJ/MA area.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

We have more of everything.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Big state.....

622x350.jpg

Yes indeed.
    It is now being reported that the shooter had filed with the election comission to run for president. Anyone want to bet on what his party affiliation is?
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    The Official Monster Raving Loony Party?
    I was wrong in my assumption... I figured this would be another leftwinger like most of the shooters.

He filed to run on the libertarian ticket.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Big state. We are the size of 4-5 states, with 3 of the top 10 sized cities in the US. That would be like comparing Texas to PA/NY/NJ/MA area.
    sounds good, except that TX is 26th in pop density. If you made one state from the ones you mentioned it would be about #4 and have the 5-6 of the top 10 cities.
    We have more of everything.
    "TX, the state with more _holes per square mile."

Doesnt sound like much of a slogan. :jester:
    "TX, the state with more _holes per square mile."

Doesnt sound like much of a slogan. :jester:

Maybe, but it does seem to divert some of the southern migration into the big cities, where the noisy ones can be together.
    If you guys vote in a Democrat POTUS and allow Democrats 3-4 Scotus pics in 6 Years, CCW/CHL/CWP will be phased out completely by 2025 and in 15 deep blue States within four years.
    If you guys vote in a Democrat POTUS and allow Democrats 3-4 Scotus pics in 6 Years, CCW/CHL/CWP will be phased out completely by 2025 and in 15 deep blue States within four years.

That is just not true, gun control for the most part has proved an abysmal failure and political suicide for any politician foolish enough to promote it.
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    That is just not true, gun control for the most part has proved an abysmal failure and political suicide for any politician foolish enough to promote it.

6 to 3 SCOTUS ruling has no Suicide downside politically .
    DoctorWho wrote: »

What about recent Firearm Restrictions & Anti 2A/RTKBA inroads in Oregon,Maryland,Washington State, Illinois,California, New York,Connecticut, New Jersey, Hawaii,Colorado,...
    Wow, how did this thread come back from the dead ?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    You bought it back by posting on it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    You bought it back by posting on it.

:spittingcoffee:

Bump!