Home Main Category Personal Defense

Another idiot with a gun in Austin

2»

Replies

• TxwheelsTxwheels Member Posts: 151 Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Big state. We are the size of 4-5 states, with 3 of the top 10 sized cities in the US. That would be like comparing Texas to PA/NY/NJ/MA area.

Yep. Some years ago before I quit smoking, a guy asked me how long it took to drive across Texas. I told him he better figure on 3 packs of smokes.
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Alaskans say they could split their state and make Texas #3!
    :devil:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Texas square miles = 268,820
    Alaska square miles = 663,268

So they're wrong. Rounded off it would make 2.47 of Texas.
    If I don't answer the phone, I'm probably in the Senate taking a POTUS and wiping my Congress
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Txwheels wrote: »

And cut in half, both halves of Alaska would be 331,634. Making Texas number 3. So they are right.
    And cut in half, both halves of Alaska would be 331,634. Making Texas number 3. So they are right.

LOL!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Jerry

That's true but then we could break out the torches and melt it down to size, HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Txwheels wrote: »

Evidently that 268,820 Square miles is a lot more usable real estate than that 663,268 Square Miles.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Evidently that 268,820 Square miles is a lot more usable real estate than that 663,268 Square Miles.

Imagine if Russia had not sold Alaska to us how many sleepless nights we would have had if Russia had been our next door neighbor during the cold war ?
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    snake284 wrote: »
    That's true but then we could break out the torches and melt it down to size, HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!!!!

'Like button'
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Yep, but the Alaskans could fire up their manure spreaders and make Texas the size of Rhode Island!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,636 Senior Member
    Yep, but the Alaskans could fire up their manure spreaders and make Texas the size of Rhode Island!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry

The spreaders would never make it out of Austin. The combined output of our mayor and city council would overwhelm them all
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov