Obama pushes to extend gun background checks to Social Security

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    His Legacy building is becoming more expensive and stupid. He'll back off when he sees how it will effect his home town. :nono: :guns: :angry: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    This is not a way to prevent truly mentally ill folks who would be a danger to themselves and others from owning guns (as determined by a Psychiatrist) but for financial reasons because they can't manage money or designated someone else to for them.

Slippery Slope for more gun control by using more and more federal agencies to enact his gun-grabbing policies in way he can by an executive stroke of the pen.

Nothing new I guess from that sorry rascal who skirts congress and the law with his policies all the time.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    And some of you posters here have more beefs with Republicans than you do Democrats ... lol
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,188 Senior Member
    And some of you posters here have more beefs with Republicans than you do Democrats ... lol
    If you think that's the case, you haven't read well what's been posted nor have you bothered to learn about those posting.
    Overkill is underrated.
    If you think that's the case, you haven't read well what's been posted nor have you bothered to learn about those posting.

Did I say posters in this Thread tree ? No , so don't stand up for yourself or Others if they/You were not specifically targeted , you chasing me around threads defending "Socially Liberal" Posters here is telling ...
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Did I say posters in this Thread tree ? No , so don't stand up for yourself or Others if they/You were not specifically targeted , you chasing me around threads defending "Socially Liberal" Posters here is telling ...

Good grief Charlie Brown.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    I know I know ,Politics is touchy (Especially to the "Socially Liberal" among us lol ...
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    I know some of these people that can't handle their financial affairs, and no, I would rather not see them with guns. That said, it paints with too broad of a brush and sends us further down a slippery slope so I can't agree with it.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    This is not a way to prevent truly mentally ill folks who would be a danger to themselves and others from owning guns (as determined by a Psychiatrist) but for financial reasons because they can't manage money or designated someone else to for them.

Slippery Slope for more gun control by using more and more federal agencies to enact his gun-grabbing policies in way he can by an executive stroke of the pen.

Nothing new I guess from that sorry rascal who skirts congress and the law with his policies all the time.

It's just an excuse to take guns away from somebody, anybody! The less legal gun owners out there the less the second amendment's power base. Obummer and his leftist minions think if they can't take all the guns at once, they can do it by chipping away at us one by one. And sadly enough that is a good plan if you want to kill the second amendment.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,930 Senior Member

That is simply not the case at all. There's very few democrats here. It's that some here see things differently than others. I myself think that some are being boneheaded but they still love their guns and the Second Amendment. We just have differences on how to keep our guns. Then there's some that think they'll never take our guns regardless. That last group is NOT ME. I know our RKBA could go away like smoke off a campfire with the right circumstances. The 2A is much more fragile than some believe.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Hey, Jack; this post of yours is so ambiguous that bream was right.

I read your post and got the same meaning that bream did.

If you can't be clear as to your meaning seek help
    we have some qualified posters on this forum that can help you.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Ned, he has a history of anyone who disagrees with him in the slightest is automatically classified as a liberal, hippy, Hillary voting communist. He thinks Snake is a liberal. :roll:
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,766 Senior Member
    :silly: Dang Commy flippin sympathizes they are everywhere...:silly:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Actually, Breamfisher is correct. We ALL think you're a D bag. You haven't a ing clue about most of us. So, go pound sand. Piss up a rope. Etc.

Potty-mouthed liberal hippy/hippee/hippie. You pinko lefties are ruining this country...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Potty-mouthed liberal hippy/hippee/hippie. You pinko lefties are ruining this country...
    No, it is the closet homosexuals that hang out on gun forums taking ignorant, thoughtless, far right positions in an effort to conceal the true nature of their sexuality.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    No, it is the closet homosexuals that hang out on gun forums taking ignorant, thoughtless, far right positions in an effort to conceal the true nature of their sexuality.

I was waiting for the right moment to come out, you sexist bigot!:angry:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member

Gator bats for the other team?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Teach wrote: »
    Gaytor bats for the other team?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Heck if I know. That is for him to come out about.
    LOL I like Homophobia, even when it's incorrectly directed at me , the Gays are living in a "Happy Time" (Like the Nazi UBoat Captains of 1940-41) and deserve push back.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,785 Senior Member
    I know some of these people that can't handle their financial affairs, and no, I would rather not see them with guns. That said, it paints with too broad of a brush and sends us further down a slippery slope so I can't agree with it.
    Agreed. This is a touchy subject, similar to questions about when if ever to revoke someone's driver's license.

Also, to clarify, based on some of the other smresponses, this has nothing to do with taking away guns, but preventing someone from buying one. No one is going to seniors homes and taking their guns.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Agreed. This is a touchy subject, similar to questions about when if ever to revoke someone's driver's license.

Also, to clarify, based on some of the other smresponses, this has nothing to do with taking away guns, but preventing someone from buying one. No one is going to seniors homes and taking their guns.
    In California the "No One" Folks (Law Enforcement) are well funded to do it specifically and do no Knocks and Knock Raids all the Time on Folks who they deem ineligible to own firearms to perform confiscations ...
    In California the "No One" Folks (Law Enforcement) are well funded to do it specifically and do no Knocks and Knock Raids all the Time on Folks who they deem ineligible to own firearms to perform confiscations ...
    Which is bullcrap. California sets an excellent example of where that slippery slope leads. That is like busting down the door and taking grandpa's car after he fails his vision test and can't renew his driver license.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    He thinks Snake is a liberal. :roll:

He took me for a Septic Tank. :tooth:

I say, steady on old chap.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

this has nothing to do with taking away guns, but preventing someone from buying one. No one is going to seniors homes and taking their guns.

Oh yes it does. Fist step deny a purchase, second put them on a forbidden list to posses one like Family Domestic Violence Act........................
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Ned, he has a history of anyone who disagrees with him in the slightest is automatically classified as a liberal, hippy, Hillary voting communist. He thinks Snake is a liberal. :roll:
    Well, he is the champion of the .270 and at least we know which side of the fence he come from.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Problem is some bureaucrat in the SSA will be able to attach a No Sale red flag to a persons record based on who manages their financial affairs. The onus would be on that person to fight and prove they still have 2A rights with the Gooberment. Be expensive, time consuming and almost impossible to get a decision reversed.

Could you imagine how the Libs would scream like raped apes if they tried it with voting or free speech, but somehow the 2A is OK to whittle away at not the rest which are considered sacred............................ just another step by Obammy to act on his own when he can't get Congress to pass everything into law he wants.

Same ole liberal claptrap being spewed on the news ............Safety/Children/Common Sense/Guns don't reduce crime...."Already a Law" on the books oh really, no it is not using financial abilities as a metric for who can buy a gun. And yes they will abuse the hell outta it and interpret it any way they want.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,627 Senior Member
    You guys leave Gator alone. He provides much needed comic relief. At least I think that's what he's doing.

As for Obama's executive order, he's merely trying to stop the rash of gun violence being perpetrated by mentally impaired senior citizens who also happen to be on social security. He's just looking out for us. Just ask alpha. He can explain it far better than I can.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    .............As for Obama's executive order, he's merely trying to stop the rash of gun violence being perpetrated by the mentally impaired or senior citizens who also happen to be on social security. He's just looking out for us. Just ask alpha. He can explain it far better than I can.

That covers most of us on here. :yikes:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

OK, he just wants to prevent future Sandy Hook/CO theater killing sprees................................let's see if that had of been in place it would have...............nope not stopped a darn one.

When that jerk-off leaves office ,it will be a happy day, especially if a REP replaces him.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,139 Senior Member
    F Obama.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers