Appliance industry warns federal dishwasher regs would lead to dirty dishes

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,985 Senior Member
This idy needs to be flushed with their Crappers or I should say flushed twice using more water than than they were designed to save.

I guess it looks good on paper...............

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/20/federal-dishwasher-proposals-upset-appliance-industry-conservatives/?intcmp=latestnews
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,544 Senior Member
    This administration's forcing various industries to hurriedly keep building to higher efficiency standards is screwing a lot of things up and costing consumers a lot of money. The efficiency rating minimum of A/C sytems is going up so frequently that manufacturers don't want to warehouse much equipment in fear of getting stuck with it. Consequently the lead time for larger systems is three to four weeks from most manufacturers. When I have a store or a restaurant with a major portion of their A/C system down, they loose quite a bit of money from uncomfortable customers walking out. We're also having issues with additives that some compressor manufacturers are using in their lubricants that are plugging up expansion valves and causing companies a fortune in warranty work. This is all in the name of making systems more efficient. I got a letter a few weeks ago stating that the DOE is pushing to raise the minimum efficiency of gas furnaces from 80% to 92%. 92% or higher is a condensing furnace and while more efficient than an 80% furnace, with a smaller home or in an area that has a milder winter the savings won't justify the increased cost. I also read that the automotive fuel efficiency requirements are being raised to where manufacturers are looking to more plastic and aluminum body parts and components to make vehicles lighter and more fuel efficient. There's nothing wrong with making things more efficient and conserving energy but this administration is trying to rush the process and forcing manufacturers to produce products that are hurriedly designed and marketed with minimal testing.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,107 Senior Member
    I'm all for saving energy, creating less pollution, etc, etc, :blah: - but the "Greens" would have us living in caves!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    Scrape and rinse the dishes with the water that has to be dumped from the pipes to get the water hot in the kitchen.

Besides that will cut down on trouble with the garbage disposal in the dish washer.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Mess Kit/field trays way with 55 gal trash cans and immersion heaters...............never will forget them Mess Hall/tent smells out back as you exit........................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,569 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    This idy needs to be flushed with their Crappers or I should say flushed twice using more water than than they were designed to save.

I guess it looks good on paper...............

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/20/federal-dishwasher-proposals-upset-appliance-industry-conservatives/?intcmp=latestnews
    Uses 1/3 less water but requires flushing twice. I realized many years ago that environmentalists tend to be very bad at math.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,352 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Uses 1/3 less water but requires flushing twice. I realized many years ago that environmentalists tend to be very bad at math.

But, even with flushing twice, it still only uses 4/3 the water of the previous inefficient version.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Mess Kit/field trays way with 55 gal trash cans and immersion heaters...............never will forget them Mess Hall/tent smells out back as you exit........................

Yeah, and ya still got dysentery
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,803 Senior Member
    I wonder how much that waterless urinal sets you back to buy it? Not that I'm going to anytime soon. I live in Texas where the Greenies are hanging from the Live oak trees.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.