Kasich made a good speech

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 10,549 Senior Member
Very Reagan-esque.

He's another good guy with a good record, although I have no clue where he is on 2A.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    Not so good on the RKBA/2A don't know where he stands now from his earlier gubernatorial race.

Was a good speech, but if the below still is true on his stance, he needs to pull his haid outta his butt and promise/pledge to support our RKBA and really mean it to ever get my support.

http://www.plunderbund.com/2010/06/14/gov-strickland-endorsed-by-nra-kasich-campaign-left-wondering-what-to-tell-the-tea-party/

However, Kasich’s gun record made it virtually impossible for Kasich to win the votes of sportsmen.

In 1986, Kasich voted for the Hughes Amendment that restricted the rights of handgun owners.In 1994, Congressman Kasich voted twice to support the Clinton Administration’s assault weapons ban..
    In 1996, after the Republicans took over Congress, Kasich voted AGAINST repealing the assault weapons ban..

Based on this congressional record, the NRA rated Kasich as an “F” in 1994.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    ****, I really like the guy and his record on anti-gun votes spoiled it fer me.

Unlikely he will win out of the 16 in the race who have announced so far...........
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    cpj wrote: »
    Yeah, but, if he's the chosen one, you and snake will vote for him, no?

Over the Pantsuit in the general election YES, in the primary hell no.
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    A few 4ths & 5ths in early Primaries and he may stick around (But not if he misses cut for significant Debates)
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Damn...that sucks, big time, when you consider Harry Reid had a 'B' rating before his last campaign. :bang:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    ****, I really like the guy and his record on anti-gun votes spoiled it fer me.

Unlikely he will win out of the 16 in the race who have announced so far...........
    Yep me too Chief, his 2A history throws a dampner on it. But, I assure you of one thing, should Mr. Casich by some accident get the Repub Nomination, in the General Election he gets my vote. Better somebody questionable on the 2A and otherwise conservative, than some libtard who we know how he/she feels about the 2A. I feel Casich would pick conservative Judges for the SCOTUS, and that's one of my most important issues for any candidate right now.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    If it helps make up your mind, no joke, he's a fraternity brother of mine. Never met him as he was obviously at Ohio State about 30 years before my time, but that should be enough for you guys to find someone else to vote for.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    If it helps make up your mind, no joke, he's a fraternity brother of mine. Never met him as he was obviously at Ohio State about 30 years before my time, but that should be enough for you guys to find someone else to vote for.

:win::win::win::win::win::win::win::win::win::win::win::win::win:
    Yep, that'll do it for me. :tooth:
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,472 Senior Member

Dadgum!

He was my favorite. I guess I'll have to find a new horse.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Over the Pantsuit in the general election YES, in the primary hell no.

You got that right Chief. I still can't figure out who they think they're punishing by not voting for the lessor of two evils. If that's all you got that's all you got. Staying home or voting for no way joe will only get you the Hildabeast! And with me, that is not an option.

I don't always agree with Big Slug, especially about some cartridges, but his politics are damn well solid. And he said it right on here one time. Vote for who can get elected as president even a moderate, and let him sign all the conservative legislation your Homeboy conservative Senators and Representatives give him. Do your protesting in the Primaries and then vote for anyone who is on the republican ticket in the General.

The Dummycraps are banking on a bunch of us staying home or voting for the third party guy.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Kasich is a putz, and talk is cheap. Stop listening to what they say and look at what they do or did. And for the love of everything stop overlooking and justifying everything because of a stupid letter. The letter R is not a panacea.
    It's because I hate Trump.
    You're hilarious dude. Someone that's "questionable"?

Ummm, Chief even posted it for you...

In 1986, Kasich voted for the Hughes Amendment that restricted the rights of handgun owners.In 1994, Congressman Kasich voted twice to support the Clinton Administration’s assault weapons ban..
    In 1996, after the Republicans took over Congress, Kasich voted AGAINST repealing the assault weapons ban..

Not sure how that's defined as questionable, but, sure!

I tell you what isn't questionable. What kind of justices will Hillary select?
    What kind of gun legislation will Hillary sign? That's a given.

There's no question there. So you can say you believe he will be an anti gunner. I don't believe he will be. But he may be. I don't know that yet. I know one thing, Hillary IS anti gun. If we have strong majorities in the House and Senate they won't pass anti gun legislation. Strong majorities usually follow the party of the president elect.

But what we need in a president is someone who will choose conservative justices. That's the bottom line at this point. Those justices can make us or break us a lot more than any president. And when the current president goes out of office those justices stay. They can survive through several administrations and if they're conservative justices they can help hold the line while a liberal is in office.

We need a President strong on defense. We need a president that can heal this country. We don't need Hillary and people like you will put her in office.

And one more thing, last year the NRA gave Kasich an A rating. He made his mistakes, he learned. That's the bottom line. There is no perfect candidate. We have to vote for what's best for the country.

If you stay home you're not protesting, you're saying Come and Take it Hillary! You are giving her the key to the country. There's no protest in that, there's no statement made, there is nothing good for us that will come of it. We just lose.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    What kind of justices will Hillary select?
    John Roberts
    It's because I hate Trump.
    Trump will sound almost as good as Walker & Cruz soon enough , we actually have a few good choices in teh primaries...
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,345 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    There's no question there. So you can say you believe he will be an anti gunner. I don't believe he will be. But he may be. I don't know that yet. I know one thing, Hillary IS anti gun. If we have strong majorities in the House and Senate they won't pass anti gun legislation. Strong majorities usually follow the party of the president elect.

But what we need in a president is someone who will choose conservative justices. That's the bottom line at this point. Those justices can make us or break us a lot more than any president. And when the current president goes out of office those justices stay. They can survive through several administrations and if they're conservative justices they can help hold the line while a liberal is in office.

We don't need Conservative justices, we need CONSTITUTIONAL justices. I'm a living, breathing example of someone who has 'evolved' (how I hate that word) in my beliefs, but you don't see fundamental changes in belief systems without some sort of major epiphany. I have no way of verifying Kasich's 'come to Jesus' moment, so I have to go on past performance. That in mind, the man cannot be trusted with my vote. No dice.

The Second amendment is one of those drop dead deal killers, and he has shown (albeit in the past) that he's no friend of the 2A.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Trump will sound almost as good as Walker & Cruz soon enough

What color is the pot smoke in your world? :silly:
    George Carlin
    When potential voters actually start seriously paying attention, Trump is finished. Right now, he's learning how to run for president, by trial and error. He's a fast learner, but when the media sees him gaining control over his inflated ego, and he starts to actually strategize, they will switch gears and go into a full-court press on his personal history. They will find more than enough to paint him as a hypocrite, which is not acceptable in the Republican Party. If he was running as a Democrat, it could be excused, because 'everybody does it,' but Republicans have to pay for their sins.
    True dat. If a democrat/liberal/left winger changes his/her mind, it's called 'evolving'...if folks from the other side do it, it's called hypocrisy.
    George Carlin
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    Don't trust him on RTKBA period
    I agree, but.... I think Trump wouldn't spin it. I think he would say "yeah, I did it. So?"
    Which is what I would love for all politicians to do. You know, sound off like they've got a pair.

Fine. He's got a pair. So do I, they're real and they're fabulous. :tooth:

Like I posted on one of the other 'Trump' threads, by that measure, Christie also is a fine candidate...and I'm pretty sure that nobody here (shy of a few straight 'R' voters) would ever mistake him for a good candidate, or even a 'good enough' candidate. He's a tool. You don't give a tool control of the tool box, you make it perform it's duty, then you put it away.

It's time to put the tools away.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    What color is the pot smoke in your world? :silly:

What color are the hoards swarming over the southern border (Some of them carrying bales of pot or coming up here to be cartel henchmen & grow it is a better question regarding pot)
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    Kasich = RINO = Statist Neocon = Typical Establishment Republican = McCain = Lindsey Graham etc, etc
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Kasich = RINO = Statist Neocon = Typical Establishment Republican = McCain = Lindsey Graham etc, etc

The List of Real Conservatives that I would like to hear more from in the GOP POTUS candidate pack is no more than a handful at this juncture.
    I agree, but.... I think Trump wouldn't spin it. I think he would say "yeah, I did it. So?"
    Which is what I would love for all politicians to do. You know, sound off like they've got a pair.

Maybe so, but the media can kill him with out of context sound bites. There is an art to saying what you want to say, without giving your opponent something to beat you over the head with, and he doesn't have it - only politicians do. He is a rich kid that was smart enough to make himself richer, but he has no humility, and people will tire of that once they have seen it a few too many times.

I hope he stays in long enough to de-sensitize more folks (and his opponents) to political correctness. I like it that he speaks out loudly on the stuff he knows something about, but I don't think he will be able to bluff his way through on everything else.
    bisley wrote: »
    Maybe so, but the media can kill him with out of context sound bites. There is an art to saying what you want to say, without giving your opponent something to beat you over the head with, and he doesn't have it - only politicians do. He is a rich kid that was smart enough to make himself richer, but he has no humility, and people will tire of that once they have seen it a few too many times.

I hope he stays in long enough to de-sensitize more folks (and his opponents) to political correctness. I like it that he speaks out loudly on the stuff he knows something about, but I don't think he will be able to bluff his way through on everything else.
    But Rick "Dreamer" Perry thinks he can this time ...
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,037 Senior Member
    The letter R is a lot better than the letter D. Get real.

And 1994 was 21 years ago, and the NRA has changed a lot since then, so a rating 21 years ago means nothing. The NRA has given Howard Dean high ratings, which should tell you something.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    I think he has been up graded to an A- last year or this...........not sure, but he sure wasn't a pro 2A before, maybe he saw the writing (Votes) on the wall????

Ohio would be a big plus for Reps in the general election, he has that going for him.