Home Main Category Personal Defense

Navy Officer and a Marine possibly returned fire with personal weapon

104RFAST104RFAST Senior MemberPosts: 1,281 Senior Member
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chattanooga-marines-navy-attack/2015/07/22/id/658339/

If true,I hope they don't get in big trouble having a personal weapon on duty,

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    They should have. Screw the rules. The ones that have been to the Middle East know what a AK 47 sounds like and to return fire is a duty. :usa: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    They just were asked that in a news conference and said they will have answers later and the military will investigate the issue of service members having firearms on the facility. I hope they don't try and burn them for breaking the rules................................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,413 Senior Member
    Knowing ole bat ears they will be punished. Religion of peace and all.....
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Kind of an Oxymoron, prosecution of Soldiers for having personal firearms, when in the beggining Soldiers were required to be armed with "*personal firearms" since the Government could not afford to arm every Soldier.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Them firing at the Islamofacist may have diverted him from entering a room full of military personnel conducting an AAR briefing from a recent 29 Palms exercise and the shooter turning his attention toward where the the shots were being fired at him.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    You have no idea how hard I'm praying that the scumbag died from a bullet fired from either of their personal weapons...

Wouldn't that be something.It would make my day. If they even hint of prosecution or punishment, a million Veteran march would be in order
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    At least they had the balls to ignore stupid policies enforced by the high ranking fellators who have sucked their way to the top of the chain of command. I'd nominate the guys who returned fire for the CMOH if it was up to me. Laying down one's life while protecting a comrade in arms definitely "above and beyond the call of duty"!
    Jerry
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Amen.

:angel2: :angel2: :angel2:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I wish that rifles and sidearms had been readily available to the Marines and Sailors at the Reserve Training Center. The key card gate was no match for even a Mustang convertible. I think the gates and fencing around that center, and all others across the country need heavy upgrading. That fencing and flimsy gates are vulnerabilities that will be eventually be exploited again.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I wish that rifles and sidearms had been readily available to the Marines and Sailors at the Reserve Training Center. The key card gate was no match for even a Mustang convertible. I think the gates and fencing around that center, and all others across the country need heavy upgrading. That fencing and flimsy gates are vulnerabilities that will be eventually be exploited again.

If bat ears does tell them to punish those guys they need to impeach his worthless ass.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    I think the gates and fencing around that center, and all others across the country need heavy upgrading. That fencing and flimsy gates are vulnerabilities that will be eventually be exploited again.

Following 9/11 DOD underwent a huge force protection upgrade....it was mandated that gates of that type of construction be rated to withstand a 50 mph crash and protected with Jersey Barriers set up in a manner that forced the driver to zig-zag through them as they approached the gate...consequently they could not build up enough steam to crash the gate. Then people got bored with all the security so they modified the Force Protection Status so folks wouldn't be inconvenienced...barriers only go out during elevated threatcons... Complacency played a part in this incident....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Following 9/11 DOD underwent a huge force protection upgrade....it was mandated that gates of that type of construction be rated to withstand a 50 mph crash and protected with Jersey Barriers set up in a manner that forced the driver to zig-zag through them as they approached the gate...consequently they could not build up enough steam to crash the gate. Then people got bored with all the security so they modified the Force Protection Status so folks wouldn't be inconvenienced...barriers only go out during elevated threatcons... Complacency played a part in this incident....

It always does. You about got to have a major incident a couple times a year somewhere to keep people on their toes, else wise they go to sleep at the wheel.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    cpj wrote: »
    Punish who?

According to the Navy Times, multiple military officials with internal information about the tragedy say that Lt. Cmdr. Timothy White, the commanding officer at the Navy Operational Support Center, fired a personal firearm at Mohammed Abdulazeez during the attack.

The Washington Post also reported that one of the four Marines killed in the attack may have fired a 9mm Glock at the gunman.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/chattanooga-marines-navy-attack/2015/07/22/id/658339/#ixzz3giXySbhQ
    Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

Yeah, after 9/11 the nuke plant I worked at did some heavy duty upgrades to the fencing. Pylons of 1" wall thick steel 10" in diameter were sunk in the ground 10 feet and set in concrete at 10 foot intervals. A double row of steel cable 5" circumference was attached to the pylons. At the entrance gate, there was a hydraulic lift installed that was very heavy duty. It stayed in the raised position except to let vehicles in or out. The plating used was 1 1/2" CRS steel plate. It would have sucked to hit that at speed. The nuke plant still has that stuff in use daily from what I know from my friends still working there. They also have the same lifts installed on the road coming in with multiple Jersey barriers to keep anyone from going around the lifts.
    ― Douglas Adams
    After 911 they put the "elephant gate" across the entrance To the federal courthouse here. It would take a bulldozer to push through it.

And a Volkswagen to drive around to the neighboring parking lot, and drive across the curb to get into the lot. Government intelligence. :up:

:spittingcoffee: Typical government thinking. Guard the front door and leave the back door not only unlocked, but open. Like the border...............
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    :spittingcoffee: Typical government thinking. Guard the front door and leave the back door not only unlocked, but open. Like the border...............

I'm not going to post how to get on the base here, but, it is easy
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    A 4X4 pickup and a set of wire cutters or a gas-powered abrasive saw will make short work of any chain link fence I've ever seen. Once inside the fence, there's usually a perimeter road big enough for two 6X6's to pass. Not much short of guard towers with overlapping fields of fire would protect most of our military installations adequately.
    Jerry
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    Our Hidden Imam in Chief has declared the US a Free Jihad Zone. I heard on the radio that he is going after anyone who seeks to protect our servicemen!!!
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Isn't the one that shot the goat humper one that died? Or was there two that fired at him?

2 fired back, a Marine and Lieutenant Commander Timothy White, the commanding officer. The Marine was one of the deceased, but Timothy White is alive.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    Our Hidden Imam in Chief has declared the US a Free Jihad Zone. I heard on the radio that he is going after anyone who seeks to protect our servicemen!!!

Well...as long as those folks who are seeking to "protect" our servicemen keep pulling crap like this....they might be better off staying home....

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/23/recruiting-center-shot-fired.html

If you're going to pull guard duty,,,,then pull guard duty...don't be dicking around with your firearm. Otherwise you're doing more harm than good.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Well...as long as those folks who are seeking to "protect" our servicemen keep pulling crap like this....they might be better off staying home....

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/23/recruiting-center-shot-fired.html

If you're going to pull guard duty,,,,then pull guard duty...don't be dicking around with your firearm. Otherwise you're doing more harm than good.....

That has been in my thoughts all along
    guard duty has to be one of the most boring duty going and one of the most difficult because you have to be alert the whole time.

At least this time no one was hurt, but, it isn't always so, a Marine killed another this year at CLNC messing with his rifle in the guard shack at the main gate.