Trump threatens third party run if Republican leadership doesn't play ball

bisleybisley Senior MemberPosts: 10,651 Senior Member
So, how does everyone evaluate this?

To me, it is a possible confirmation that this candidacy is either a huge ego trip, or that Trump has made a Perot-style deal with the Democrats. It makes me want to examine Trump's relationship with Bill Clinton.

To quote Ross Perot, "I'm all ears."

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,551 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »

To me, it is a possible confirmation that this candidacy is either a huge ego trip, or that Trump has made a Perot-style deal with the Democrats. It makes me want to examine Trump's relationship with Bill Clinton.

I was thinking H. Ross Perot with bad hair.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    If he runs third party, the Pantsuit or the Commie will be the next Prez. He'd be a spoiler like Ross Perot and split the Conservative vote.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,728 Senior Member
    Want this predicted?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,592 Senior Member
    The GOP leadership isn't worth the powder to blow them to Hell.

With that said, they are VERY unfortunately, the "only game in town" and they know it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Want this predicted?

Yes, please.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Exactly what happened with Ross Perrot, great businessman, ambitious, most eloquent, no gramba, a vote for either is a vote for the wrong team!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Trump is a deal-maker. He could have a deal with the Clintons, or he could be using the Perot scenario to coerce the Republican leadership, to get them to call off the dogs.

If he stays in for a few primaries, it is the latter. If he bails, and goes third party, it is the former. I figure he will continue until his poll ratings start to tank, and then either quit or open the third party scam.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Yeah, the DA will pull votes away and the "crat" will get elected.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »

This is what I was saying a few threads ago about Trump. All I have ever seen in him is another Ross Perot.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Gator MonroeGator Monroe Banned Posts: 655 Senior Member
    If you guys have beefs with the RINO establishment GOP this election cycle is our moment to break the chain of spineless middle left POTUS nominees we have suffered with for over 20 years ...
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    It seems the Repunklickin Establishment is planning to treat the Donald as something other than a legitimate candidate. He has the numbers and the money so if they act to derail him it is their well deserved suicide! If they just let him run his course and primary out he will probably back the most worthy candidate. After the last several election cycles I see nothing good from the establishment.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Spoken like a true Democrat, or at least, a RINO....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    This is what I was saying a few threads ago about Trump. All I have ever seen in him is another Ross Perot.

That is definitely one possibility that won't surprise me, although I'm still leaning slightly the other way. We will know soon enough, I reckon.